(Question) Will maps get messed?

• I apologize if this has been asked already, but I'm new.
    I'm being bugged by friends to switch to Industrial from basic, but what I'd like to know is whether installing Industrial will in any way mess up my existing Minecraft maps (mostly single-player built puzzle maps). I'd like to keep these intact and working, but wanted to be sure before I mess with anything. :thumbup:

• I apologize if this has been asked already, but I'm new.
    I'm being bugged by friends to switch to Industrial from basic, but what I'd like to know is whether installing Industrial will in any way mess up my existing Minecraft maps (mostly single-player built puzzle maps). I'd like to keep these intact and working, but wanted to be sure before I mess with anything. :thumbup:

No, if the map exists pre-IC, nothing will happen to the map except that the ores will not spawn in those chunks, you'd have to go really far to find any ores or rubber trees from this mod.

• I /highly/ suggest using MCEdit to prune away any chunks you don't care about the contents of. You likely have either a tract you can get keep and get rid of the rest or at the very least a few areas which you can safely purge.