[Question] Disabling Certain Ore Generation

• I'm running IC2 alongside RP2 and Metallurgy, and would like to completely disable the generation of IC2 Copper and Tin, so that I'm only getting the Metallurgy ore items rather than a combination of ore blocks and items. RP2 included an option in the config file to disable the spawning of its overlapping ores, and I was wondering if there was a way to do something similar for IC2.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

• Look for the "enableWorldGenOreXXX" tags in the config and change their value to disable ore spawn of the speicifc ore.
    If the tags aren't present, try deleting your config to have IC generate an up-to-date one

Hmm. It's still not showing up after regenerating the config. To be sure, this is the IC2.cfg in .minecraft/config, and v1.43, correct?

• Wow, for some reason those last three posts are really confusing to me. Let's see if I can get this sorted out.

I'm running IC2 v1.43, on MC 1.0.0, and have regenerated the config file (delete, run MC again) and the lines Alblaka mentioned were (still) not there. This is because those lines are actually not included until the IC2 1.6x versions.

Does that about sum things up correctly? If so, then that's unavoidable and I'll just deal with it until I can use the IC2 1.6x versions.

• Now, given i have only access to the most current version and saw the tags there...
    My bad, it probably got added with 1.50 upwards.

I see. Well that would explain why they're not there in v1.4.3. Oh, well. I'll deal with it until I can use the new version. Thanks for your help, though.

• Humm... this is the latest version. If the strings will work they aren't part of the default config file.