Reactor setup, wanting to get a little risky.

• Well, Let me start by saying I love IC2, I currently have the technic pack 5.0.5 running on Minecraft SSP 1.0.0, I started using it maybe about a week and a half ago and I've been studying up on reactors and stuff and I'm in love with nuclear energy and nuclear reactors and anything nuclear except maybe the nuclear bomb lol, then again maybe I am who knows. Anyway So I've made myself a power station and it does just fine. But I want to kick it up a level, as it is right now I'm running 6 MK II Reactor designs, Basically I flip it on and walk away and let them go for as long as they have fuel. But after seeing some SUC reactors and CASUC reactors with RP and IC2 I gotta have me one or 2 of those too. The only thing is I dont see a lot of tutorials on the setup of how to build them and stuff but there is no shortage of designs for these reactors. I was just wondering if anyone has any good tutorials on maybe how to set up a medium level CASUC or SUC reactor. I have tinkered around with a small compact SUC/CASUC reactor that was made by ShadWDrgn, Seen his video on youtube and played with it. I tried to make a bigger version of his but Im pretty possitive the way I set it up was wrong after making it bigger and it didn't go to well, Melted down once and burned up a lot of stuff several times.

• The reactor I'm working on atm is a modified version of shadwdrgn's all though I beilive his is 490 EU/T mine is 440, but its just insane how hard it seems to try and get a stable flow of water buckets into the chamber to keep it cool atm the moment its a 3 chamber reactor which I think is a waste since his is a 1 chamber and it has more EU output. but its just to get the hang of working with them. Anyway I got it to keep a steady heat level between 3200 and 4500 with out water around it ,and 3800- 4300 with water around it. But I'm thinking it would be easier to add more Deployers and an overflow chest or something maybe, because if the deployer gets to filled the thing seems to freak out and send all the buckets back packing the reactor with empty water buckets and then it starts to heat of insanely fast. :O

• reason y ppl dont post how they make the suc and casuc reactors setups cause it doesn't have specific requirements. the only things u need are constant water or ice to get to the reactor... how u make the water/ice there are many ways ex. snow golems, EE, Rp2 depolyers, etc. only hard part is timing 1. either have a high flow w/ over flow option(low chance of explosions) or 2. get as precise as possible(high chance of explosions). then u can try and automate the entire process w/ indicator lights and what not(is what every one is trying atm) and is why u dont see too many how to make a suc or casuc reactor.

• I was figuring as much, but wasn't sure if that was whats up or not haha. Yeah I was trying out the reactor I had again today, Worked fine last night for about 30 minutes and then today I tried it again after a good run last night and it over heated and couldn't stop it, It seems like if there is one two many buckets of water running through the system it just over loads the deployer and sends empty buckets back and then the full buckets have no room. I havent yet tried to put a overflow on it cause I was having problems at first even getting the Deployers and filters to even ship the buckets out. It would just stay idle and not send anything in. and the retrievers wouldn't pull anything out.

• So is there anyone out there who has a working CASUC reactor? aside from the compact one I found on youtube. Or maybe someone who is working on one? or wouldn't mine making one. Really would appreciate it

• im waiting for 1.62 patch for ic2 to come out w/ the full storage sending a redstone signal feature before i finish up my reactor. but if u want ill post a few pics today or tomarow of it incomplete(working on wiring atm)... got stuck making it cause i want to put an auto dump/ refill option.. but cant seem to get the ice to go where i want it(prob gonna have to compromise abit). indicator lights for battery meter is complicated atm to do it the way i want to(waiting for 1.62). other then that its almost finish just some slight timing issues w/ chunk loading(chunk loader block will work i hope)

heres the design im using for the reactor. if any one can help figure out how to get the ice to go in those spots... ill give them something idk what yet.
    (reactor design)

• Yeah if you're willing to post up some pics Id love to see it.

• I think the biggest issue with posting how-to's on reactors is because of how damn long they take to build. I personally know that most of building a casuc reactor requires a lot of trial and error to see what works for you. Also, I prefer to go with the exact ice kind, because I find them easier to manage. I also design the reactors to produce an exact multiple of 300 heat to make sure it uses only 1 ice per second (per 300 heat, obv). Both my breeder and my normal reactor follow those rules, and are simply made by reducing the water flow around them.

• I think the biggest issue with posting how-to's on reactors is because of how damn long they take to build. I personally know that most of building a casuc reactor requires a lot of trial and error to see what works for you. Also, I prefer to go with the exact ice kind, because I find them easier to manage. I also design the reactors to produce an exact multiple of 300 heat to make sure it uses only 1 ice per second (per 300 heat, obv). Both my breeder and my normal reactor follow those rules, and are simply made by reducing the water flow around them.

Yeah I know whatchu mean about how long they take, I finally got my simple CASUC water reactor to get stable, but it took for ever. But I want to try out an ice one, I hear that ice doesn't cool as effectively as water but when you have stacks of 64 ice in it seems more stable. But I really want to try a Ice CASUC but I'm just confused on the entire Ice making set up. and how it connects into the Reactor I messed around with one the other day but I couldn't get the block breaker to collect the snow balls from my snow Golem might have been the biome i was in not sure. Any pointers on how it sets up? would really help me out!

EDIT: I realized that advanced machines wasnt installed or wasn't working on mine so my compressor was crappy and wasnt the one I needed. I did a re install and got that down so maybe I got this now ;P but if your still willing to give me some pointers that'd be great. I'll try and get pics up just made an ice machine but its late now and im heading to bed.