Information about crops

• Thread renamed, because people don't seem to be looking here to get some info.
    Post here what you have discovered so far about crops. I don't want you to post exact mechanics. (I'd love to, but we can't)

This thread is not complete, if you find anything new/missing, please, post it and it will be added.

Plants

Basic:

• Pumpkin - Tier I

• GGR: 1/1/1
      • Keywords: Orange, Decoration, Stem
      • Source: Pumpkin seeds

• Wheat - Tier I

• Keywords: Yellow, Food, Wheat
      • Source: Seeds

• Dandelion - Tier II

• Keywords: Yellow, Flower
      • Source: 4 Dandelions

• Melon - Tier II

• Keywords: Green, Food, Stem
      • Source: Melon seeds

• Reed - Tier II

• GGR: 3/0/2
      • Keywords: Reed
      • Source: Reed/Sugar cane

• Rose - Tier II

• Keywords: Red, Flower
      • Source: 4 Roses

This data was obtained by growing basic seed and getting IC seed from grown plant.

Discovered:

• Weed - Tier 0

• Discovered by: Alblaka
      • Keywords: Weed, Bad
      • Drops: nothing
      • Special conditions: none
      • Destroys surrounding plants, tilled soil
      • Appears on empty cropsticks (all kinds of cropsticks)
      • Uses exclusive texture, can be recognized fast
      • Inherits it's Growth stats from nearby plants

• Blackthorn - Tier II

• Keywords: Black, Flower
      • Drops: Ink Sac

• Cyazint - Tier II

• Keywords: Blue, Flower
      • Drops: Cyan dye

• Tulip - Tier II

• Keywords: Purple, Flower, Tulip
      • Drops: Purple dye

• Cocoa - Tier III

• Discovered by: Notch
      • Keywords: Brown, Food, Stem
      • Drops: Cocoa beans
      • Special conditions: dirt block under the soil block (at least 3 for better results)
      • Source: Cocoa beans

• Venomilia - Tier III

• Discovered by: raGan
      • Keywords: Purple, Flower, Tulip, Poison
      • Drops: Purple dye

• Stickreed - Tier IV

• Discovered by: raa1337
      • Keywords: Reed, Resin
      • Drops: Sticky Resin

• Hops - Tier V

• Keywords: Green, Ingredient, Wheat
      • Drops: Hops

• Nether Wart - Tier V

• Discovered by: Notch
      • Keywords: Red, Nether, Ingredient, Soulsand
      • Drops: Nether Wart

• Terra Wart - Tier V

• Keywords: Blue, Aether, Consumable, Snow
      • Drops: Terra wart ?
      • Special conditions: none ?

• Ferru - Tier VI

• Keywords: Grey stem, Metal
      • Drops: Iron dust
      • Special conditions: Iron ore under soil block

• Redwheat - Tier VI

• Discovered by: raa1337
      • Keywords: Red, Redstone, Wheat
      • Drops: Redstone dust
      • Special conditions: Light level of redstone torch

• Coffee - Tier VII

• Discovered by: Snoochy
      • Keywords: Leaves, Ingredient, Beans
      • Drops: Coffee beans ?
      • Special conditions: none ?

• Aurelia - Tier VIII

• Keywords: Gold, Leaves, Metal
      • Drops: Gold nugets
      • Special conditions: Gold ore under soil block

Currently no plant has special abilities.

Fertilizing & GGR

Fertilizing

• Nutrition
      Every plant has its own Nutritient-Storage.
      Fertilizer adds 100 to this value, if the given storage is <= 100.
      Bonemeal does also work. (yes, no ,yes.... just decide already)
      Maintaining higher Nutritient-Storage is required for some more advanced plants to grow and it also affects growth of plants.
      Nutritient-Storage is decreasing over time if there is a crop planted. Some biomes affect nutrition.

• Hydration
      Hydration Cell can be used to hydrate crops.
      Wettness of farmland block also influences the Hydration a little.
      Hydration is required for some more advanced plants to grow and it also affects growth of plants.
      Hydration is decreasing over time if there is a crop planted. Some biomes affect hydration.

• Air
      Plants chcek all surrounding 8 tiles, as well as a straight line to the sky.
      To be considered air, surrounding blocks must be non-opaque and must not be crops.
      Air is required for some more advanced plants to grow and it also affects growth of plants.
      40% of the whole Air Quality rating is determined by height. Higher = better.

Growth, Gain, Resistance

• Growth
      Represents growth speed of given plant.
      Actual growth is also affected by Hydration and Nutrition of each plant.

• Gain
      Gives a %-increase of the overall chance to drop multiple instances of items upon harvesting.
      A extremely high gain value will reduce the chance to get multiple seeds upon picking a plant, but doesn't affect the "basechance" to get a single seedbag.

• Resistance
      High resistance morely makes a crop immune to weed and trampling and grants a big bonus on recovering at least a single piece of seed.
      An extreme resistance value will reduce the speed the plants crossbreed at.
      Resistance does not affect a high-growth-plants weed-spreading.

Breeding

Plant duplication
    Work in progress. Feel free to contribute.

Increasing GGR
    Crossing exclusively affects directly adjacent plants. Crossing more plants gives a boost to the stats.
    Taking upper rules into account, best breeding placement is "+" shape with Crossing block in the middle.

Breeding new types
    Work in progress. Feel free to contribute.

Additional information

Mechanics

• Walking over crops tramples them
    • Plants die/cannot be planted if conditions are below their minimum requirements
      • Light level
      • Air quality
      • Nutrition
      • Hydration

Visual information
    Here is visual representation of each stage of each plant. I'm not sure about Redwheat though.
    - Stickreed is missing one stage before the final one. It looks like the final stage of regular Reeds.
    Download

Help with making complete list of all crop textures by posting info about growing stages of every single crop currently availible.
    Example: Wheat: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (each number representing one stage)
    Once the list is completed, I will update an image to match current version of IC.

Picture showing cocoa behavior:

• Official Post

Cept for the last part everything you mentioned is to some degree explained in the official guide :3

@Cropnalyzer: I assume you tried to analyze normal seeds? Not possible, it only works on CropSeeds, not on vanilla item, given those are stackable and contain no hidden data in first place.

• Cept for the last part everything you mentioned is to some degree explained in the official guide :3

@Cropnalyzer: I assume you tried to analyze normal seeds? Not possible, it only works on CropSeeds, not on vanilla item, given those are stackable and contain no hidden data in first place.

guide actually don't explain how i created "Unknown crops", well at least i didn't find it there.

• Apparently ^^

'Lastly, a word of warning: Whilst performing cropxperiments, you may encounter sorts of weed, capable of spreading across your crops whilst destroying and assimilating previous plants.
    Instant removal of weed and continous observation of (exspecially empty) crops is advised.
    As well, be cautious of new breeds. Currently unknown, there may be rare plants capable of inflicting serious or even lasting damage to your body or mental state. Unless our storage of FAP is low, we recommend all employees to exercise caution when breeding new crops.'

Other than that i dont see much explaination about 'unknown crops'.

• Ok im desperate now, during one hour of testing, i wasn't able to grow my crops any further. That means my crops are stuck. I created them by placing Cropsticks->Fertilizer->Hydration cell. They appear to spawn tall grass around them, which destroy tilled soil. They also appear to 'infest' other plants, like pumpkin, which was growing well but then, it changed to same strange plant that never fully grow. (it may be fully grown but can't be harvested and is simple and green)
    I can't find out what theese are, because i can't get anything as sample to analyze.

• You can plant the (at least) following basic crops:

I tried to plant the following crops but it was not possible:

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Ok, gonna help you.
    It's weed.
    Destroy it.

Though it's already too late to save it from annilating your remaining crops XD

Thank you, but i already destroyed it and created new field to experiment. Now i'm using only bone meal and making sure no plain sticks are place around.
    Is there a way to identify weed with Analyzer ? Is it enough to destroy weed itself or i have to destroy whole soil block ?

• Official Post

Weed has an unique texture, you'll get used to spotting it among your crops easyly.
    There ARE possible crops which act "weed-ish" and will spawn weed on nearby blocks, but that's something you've got to figure out by yourself. Just ensure to keep those crops as monocultures (weed-generating crops are resistant to weed infection).

• Another problem. I was able to cross breed new harmless Unknown crops, which look like basic MC crops. For example one Unknown crop is obviosly wheat, just Cropnalyzer says it's Unknown (perhaps has different GGR) and i can't get any seeds(it yields only Wheat) to examine given crop. Do seeds have only small probability of droping or there is another way to get seeds from plant ?

• To plant flowers, have at least 4 of them on your hand.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• You can use bonemeal as fertilizer

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• You can create cocoa by planting cocoa beans, so it's a basic plant. New Discovered plant:

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• You can create cocoa by planting cocoa beans, so it's a basic plant. New Discovered plant:

I wonder why i was not able to plant cocoa beans... Changing that and adding new plant. I let Cocoa in Discovered plants list because it was not originally in MC. Also, how did you create Stickreed ? (which plants you crossed)

You can use bonemeal as fertilizer

I thought everyone tried it, but ok, i'll add it.

I thought everyone tried it, but ok, i'll add it.

Yeah, but maybe some don't know...

P.S. btw, how you actually harvest crops? I mean in efficient way...
    By harvesting manually you can ruin your crops by standing on dirt.
    P.P.S When you autoharvest with BC obsidian pipe you will ruin your crop bag, it will become Unnamed and not analizable

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line