Electric Treetap

• I'm not sure where else to put this topic, so here's the best placer I guess.

I'm pleased to see the Electric Treetap finally officially appear in IC2 - but I'm concerned that it looks too much like the Electric Wrench.
    EXACTLY like the wrench, in fact... and the reason is because they apparently use the same sprite. So there's currently not any way to make them look different from one another.
    I'm concerned that this can cause some confusion - as well as unintentional wrenching of a machine by someone who thought they were holding their treetap.

I'm aware that the tooltip will tell you which is which, but the purpose of sprites is for quick visual distinction. I ask that the IC team consider assigning a unique sprite to the Electric Treetap for future versions. Thank you.

• I'm not sure where else to put this topic, so here's the best placer I guess.

I'm pleased to see the Electric Treetap finally officially appear in IC2 - but I'm concerned that it looks too much like the Electric Wrench.
    EXACTLY like the wrench, in fact... and the reason is because they apparently use the same sprite. So there's currently not any way to make them look different from one another.
    I'm concerned that this can cause some confusion - as well as unintentional wrenching of a machine by someone who thought they were holding their treetap.

I'm aware that the tooltip will tell you which is which, but the purpose of sprites is for quick visual distinction. I ask that the IC team consider assigning a unique sprite to the Electric Treetap for future versions. Thank you.

Maybe the fact that they look the same is intended, because the electric tree tap doesnt have is own texture yet, or maybe some error that makes it take the texture of the wrench.

Anyway support or suggestion would have been a good place to put it.

• What I'm saying is, there isn't even a new sprite on the sheet for it. It's not that they share the appearance... they share the actual sprite itself, so changing its appearance would still result in both tools looking alike.
    That tells me it's not really a "bug", because if it had been assigned its own sprite that was not added to the sheet, it would be invisible or a magenta tile or something like that.

• There is a bug I've noticed... so maybe you'll want to move the thread after all!

The Electric Treetap does not consume any of its power. I took a fully charged tap, spiked enough trees to get 53 resin, and put it in my batbox (which had no incoming power) to recharge.
    The bar already appeared full and it didn't drain anything at all from the batbox. So I spiked well over a dozen trees and it didn't use a single EU.

Where you using a batpack or lappack?

• Damn, IC2 1.70 has released and I'm still whacking my rubber tree with a electric wrench... :Wrench: :Treetap: :Wrench: :Treetap:

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment. MinecraftSkeleton