[Suggestion] Plant Incubator

• lost my first post because I forgot to add the suggestion tag to the topic title, so I am trying it again, but it will probably be not as good as the first post.
    to throw my idea out there, I saw in direwolf's video the new crops added to IC, and it looks pretty nice and interesting, but IMHO it looks to be alot of work you have to do to keep it all growing, and for me IC is more of a mod that lets the machines do the work.
    so I spend a bit of googling to come up with a suggestion, and the result was the Plant Incubator.

with the plant incubator you can enter your seeds into the machine, and let the machine do the harvesting for you.
    but this machine is not a cheap one, since it'll require alot of EU to give light to the seeds and it requires some items for the machine to work.

the plant incubator either needs an Energy Crystal or MFE for power. it also needs an Electric Hoe to harvest the seeds.
    optional items are Hydration Cells to water the seeds, Fertilizers to fertilize the seeds and Lava Cells to produce the right temperature for the seeds to grow.
    as said, these items are optional, but providing these items to the plant incubator will increase the growing rate alot.
    and because this is a machine we are talking about, the machine is able to precisely use the items without wasting it, thus the items can hold 2x as long as when you'd use it yourself.

the Plant Incubator also has a 2nd tier, called the Cell Incubator.
    the Cell Incubator needs a Lapotron Crystal or a MFU for powering it. the Cell Incubator's biggest improvement is that it's able to crossbred seeds.
    just tell the Cell Incubator which seeds you want to crossbred, and it'll try to do the rest of the process for you.
    the Cell Incubator also has more storage space, and it now also requires a Cropnalyzer to work. the Cropnalyzer is used for the crossbreeding, so the Cell Incubator knows what seeds it needs to crossbreed and what sort of conditions the seeds need to grow.
    with the Cell Incubator you no longer need to provide Lava Cells, because of the high EU usage the Cell Incubator is able to produce it's own heat.

I'll be honest and say I am not really good at balancing this machine as for example with EU usage and such, so I'll just try to do what I'm best at and so I made this image to hopefully help with how this suggestion works.

• Like i said in another post, IC2 spirit has never felt (to me) about automation. And iirc albaka had said that Agriculture its just more of a side hobby for when you reach the endgame and such.

for me IC2 is more about automating things and having a compact and good looking setup. if this machine would exist, it'd mean I would no longer have to build quite big farm constructions for plants for which I would always have to use redpower aswell to automate the process.
    everyone's suggestions is about their way of using IC2 and how they would change things, and for me this machine would make the farming process automatic, very compact and also good looking, so exactly what I am looking for in IC2.

• Nope, Name one machine in the whole game that does everything for you, from extracting the ore (in the example of the macerator) to introducing the ore for macerating to send the dust to a furnace to make the ingots to send the ingots to make something, There isnt right? Because IC2 isnt about automation. BC and RP2 are fine examples of mods that can be used for automation. Doing everything for you its a bad way to define IC2, making everything a little more easier would be a better way to say it (Also energy producing and blowing stuff with nuclear power), and your machine screams "Bahhhh im lazy and i dont want to focus my attention on these annoying plants".

• Nope, Name one machine in the whole game that does everything for you, from extracting the ore (in the example of the macerator) to introducing the ore for macerating to send the dust to a furnace to make the ingots to send the ingots to make something, There isnt right? Because IC2 isnt about automation. BC and RP2 are fine examples of mods that can be used for automation. Doing everything for you its a bad way to define IC2, making everything a little more easier would be a better way to say it (Also energy producing and blowing stuff with nuclear power), and your machine screams "Bahhhh im lazy and i dont want to focus my attention on these annoying plants".

even with the way you define IC2 as "making everything a little more easier" then I'd still suggest a machine like this, because you wouldn't have to go out to your farm and harvest it all yourself or keeping an eye on it the whole time to see if it grows well.
    but I said and I'll say it again, suggestions are based on a player's experience, you have your view on IC2, I have mine.

• even with the way you define IC2 as "making everything a little more easier" then I'd still suggest a machine like this, because you wouldn't have to go out to your farm and harvest it all yourself or keeping an eye on it the whole time to see if it grows well.
    but I said and I'll say it again, suggestions are based on a player's experience, you have your view on IC2, I have mine.

Your machine practically does all the work so i find it useless (Or "anti-fun" if you preffer the term), thats what i wrote that your machine screams "Bahhhh im lazy and i dont want to focus my attention on these annoying plants".

But alright you really are entitled to your own opinions and so do i, so i guess for peace sake i will leave it at that.

• Make it an add-on instead of having it in the actual mod?

that's an option, but sadly addon's don't always get updated... but it'd be nice if there were a few addons that actually got picked up by an official team who keep updating them. something like an expansion pack.

• that's an option, but sadly addon's don't always get updated... but it'd be nice if there were a few addons that actually got picked up by an official team who keep updating them. something like an expansion pack.

Thats called integration, quite a few addons are usually added into the IndustrialCraft Core, although not all addons get such privileges.