Two reactor questions

• 1. How long does it take to change depleted Isotope cells into re-enriched uranium cells? I had a go with a breeder design in creative mode, after adding about 3-4 lava buckets they were converted in just seconds. I figure that can't be right.

2. What kind of reactor should I build in my SSP game? I was thinking a SUC/CASUC type (The EU produced would be amazing), but I read that they've got some real stability issues. I'd prefer to have a reliable reactor that doesn't blow half my base to bits. What do you lot think?

• 1. How long does it take to change depleted Isotope cells into re-enriched uranium cells? I had a go with a breeder design in creative mode, after adding about 3-4 lava buckets they were converted in just seconds. I figure that can't be right.

2. What kind of reactor should I build in my SSP game? I was thinking a SUC/CASUC type (The EU produced would be amazing), but I read that they've got some real stability issues. I'd prefer to have a reliable reactor that doesn't blow half my base to bits. What do you lot think?

1: a cycle or 3 depends on your setup

2: id sugeest most efficient reactoer than can run for atleast 1 cycle

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• I have no experience with breeders, sorry. I run buildcraft quarries so have enough uranium hanging around to feed my power needs :)

Check out this thread from yesterday. In it I link two designs. One is a cheap, single-core setup that will run continuously and the other is a more expensive reactor that remains very simple to keep under control. Complete with pictures!
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=4158

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10