[Suggestion] Advance Machines.

• Then again... why do you want them back? They still exist.

Not for 1.64 they don't. Which is the entire reason this topic exists.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Not for 1.64 they don't. Which is the entire reason this topic exists.

So hard to wait for the author to update?, just make a new world to pass the time (afaik he hasnt said hes going to drop it).

For having the mod included in the core of IC2, albaka already said that its not going to happen.

So hard to wait for the author to update?, just make a new world to pass the time (afaik he hasnt said hes going to drop it).

For having the mod included in the core of IC2, albaka already said that its not going to happen.

Time will show, but i, for now, do not intend to have any Induction Macerator in base IC².

As said here, he's not 100% against it, but the likely hood of him changing is fairly low.

And I have started a new world. Many, in fact... The only issue is I'm a Solar Panel whore, and I make thousands of them. Thousands, before I started using EE, which allows me to make even more (Iron, painful).

(Also, multi-quoting is kind of hard, for some reason... No names as I had to jury-rig it, but they're exact quotes.)

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• As said here, he's not 100% against it, but the likely hood of him changing is fairly low.

And I have started a new world. Many, in fact... The only issue is I'm a Solar Panel whore, and I make thousands of them. Thousands, before I started using EE, which allows me to make even more (Iron, painful).

(Also, multi-quoting is kind of hard, for some reason... No names as I had to jury-rig it, but they're exact quotes.)

Im still saying Induction furnaces should go, but im gonna hold on that though if we see a improvement on the OC system in the next update. (Although Solar Arrays should indeed be added to the IC2 core, of course with some slight modifications because even if you need 512 solar panels for the HV array, the amount of space you are saving with it is so huge you can call it OP.)

(Meh, instead of using the editor you could use the source code, more easy to place quote marks and any other thing, always found the editor to be kinda buggy/glitchy at times)

• Im still saying Induction furnaces should go, but im gonna hold on that though if we see a improvement on the OC system in the next update. (Although Solar Arrays should indeed be added to the IC2 core, of course with some slight modifications because even if you need 512 solar panels for the HV array, the amount of space you are saving with it is so huge you can call it OP.)

(Meh, instead of using the editor you could use the source code, more easy to place quote marks and any other thing, always found the editor to be kinda buggy/glitchy at times)

Either the Induction Furnace goes, or the Adv. Machines are added. Anything else is illogical.
    If the Induction Furnace is 'new tech' like the other three, then it should have the upgrades, not the electric furnace, no?

Also, to place 512 Solar Panels in one place, it takes:

256 wood
    148 copper insulated cables
    192 copper
    72 refined iron
    1 circuit
    1 energy crystal

That's a lot of resources for no EU gain, just space gain.

• Not quite right. Actually you will need some Batboxes too and a lot of wiring (at least 300 Copper/Tin-Cables if you work as efficient as possible. And tons of Batboxes. I guess about 20 with Tin, a lot more with copper. You don't need the Transformers (at least if you don't want to transport the energy over a longer distance or mind placing down some more batboxes.

So I would say you would not only save space, but also a lot of time. In the time used to place and wire 512 Solars you will most likely find at least 36 Iron-Ore for the refined Iron and normally enough coal for one energy-crystal.

• Either the Induction Furnace goes, or the Adv. Machines are added. Anything else is illogical.
    If the Induction Furnace is 'new tech' like the other three, then it should have the upgrades, not the electric furnace, no?

I could say the same but in reverse, where are the lower tiers of Macerators/Etc? it only makes sense right?

Furnaces have no sense of balance since they have 4 tiers; Stone>Iron>Electrical>Induction, and they have these tiers only because its the most basic process in the whole game, without smelting we could not do 90% of the stuff we get from IC2.

I dont care if inductions stays or go (Although at this point i would just remove it so people stop complaining about stupid stuff)... In fact keep the induction furnace, the only thing that needs to be banished its the "Heat" system the induction furnace runs on, the dual smelting its good stuff to make a Daily process even less tedious.

• Not quite right. Actually you will need some Batboxes too and a lot of wiring (at least 300 Copper/Tin-Cables if you work as efficient as possible. And tons of Batboxes. I guess about 20 with Tin, a lot more with copper. You don't need the Transformers (at least if you don't want to transport the energy over a longer distance or mind placing down some more batboxes.

So I would say you would not only save space, but also a lot of time. In the time used to place and wire 512 Solars you will most likely find at least 36 Iron-Ore for the refined Iron and normally enough coal for one energy-crystal.

Eh. My Solar Arrays were always 128 Solar Panels connected to Tin cable, connected to an MFE(39 cable per MFE). Typically 4 of those connected to an MFSU through Glass Fibre(~18 to connect).

But how can you value time against resources for setting up the array, to make it balanced?

• Eh. My Solar Arrays were always 128 Solar Panels connected to Tin cable, connected to an MFE(39 cable per MFE). Typically 4 of those connected to an MFSU through Glass Fibre(~18 to connect).

But how can you value time against resources for setting up the array, to make it balanced?

Basically you can't value time precisely. But if there aren't many rare things in play you could at least try it. Placing a Solar-Array is one block you have to place and wiring it to an MFSU. Building 512 normal Solarcells and wiring them all they way to an MFSU is a bit more time consuming. If you place 2 Blocks per Second you will at least use 10mins for this (I guess more). Now you should compare this to 10mins of mining and see what you get.

You might try this on a server. Give one person all the stuff for 512 Solar-Cells and the other one gets a mining-drill, full Lappack and a Solar-Array. And just place both and let the one that is finished earlier go mining and see what he gets in the time until the next one is finished.

• Basically you can't value time precisely. But if there aren't many rare things in play you could at least try it. Placing a Solar-Array is one block you have to place and wiring it to an MFSU. Building 512 normal Solarcells and wiring them all they way to an MFSU is a bit more time consuming. If you place 2 Blocks per Second you will at least use 10mins for this (I guess more). Now you should compare this to 10mins of mining and see what you get.

You might try this on a server. Give one person all the stuff for 512 Solar-Cells and the other one gets a mining-drill, full Lappack and a Solar-Array. And just place both and let the one that is finished earlier go mining and see what he gets in the time until the next one is finished.

Solar Arrays require you to make all 512 Solar Panels, then 64 LV Solar Arrays, then 8 MV Solar Arrays, and then the final HV Array. So just handing them the Array is screwing with the results slightly. (Unless you meant the stuff for the placing of the solar panels, and not the pieces to make them. If so, then the Array guy needs to get the solar panels, and be forced to craft the HV Array. Starting at the same point and all.)

I guess it comes down to how long it takes to set up- and it would have to be a Diamond Drill, as by the time you have 512 Solar Panels, you'll most likely have upgraded.

If we add in the mining aspect, then the 'value time' part is starting to join together with the 'resource cost(or return)' part. Then it starts to become a bit more complex.

• Solar Arrays require you to make all 512 Solar Panels, then 64 LV Solar Arrays, then 8 MV Solar Arrays, and then the final HV Array. So just handing them the Array is screwing with the results slightly. (Unless you meant the stuff for the placing of the solar panels, and not the pieces to make them. If so, then the Array guy needs to get the solar panels, and be forced to craft the HV Array. Starting at the same point and all.)

I guess it comes down to how long it takes to set up- and it would have to be a Diamond Drill, as by the time you have 512 Solar Panels, you'll most likely have upgraded.

If we add in the mining aspect, then the 'value time' part is starting to join together with the 'resource cost(or return)' part. Then it starts to become a bit more complex.

Well ok, let's include the crafting. Both get 512 Solars (would be a waste to make both produce them). Both get all the materials needed as basics. So I guess even then crafting a HV-Array is far easier than crafting all the cables and placing them. Actually you only need 7 steps to craft the HV-Array, 8 if you count the need to craft the energy-crystal, most other things should be lying around, but again a batbox needs batteries. I don't count circuits and copper-cables since you should have some of them lying around (6 cables isn't that much). You may increase the count to 9 for the two machine-blocks, normally I have some of them lying around to store refined iron more efficient.

1. Craft LV-Transformers (64 pieces)
    2. Craft LV-Solars
    3. Craft MV-Transformers (8 pieces)
    4. Craft MV-Solars
    5. Craft HV-Transformer
    6. Craft HV-Solar
    7. Craft HV-Cable or Glass-Fibre

The guy placing the solars has another problem. He must evaluate how much Batboxes and Cables he needs. He might need a few less steps, but he need to craft at least batboxes and tin-cables so he has two steps (maybe even copper-cables since he might need more than you usually have lying around). If anything manages to place 512 Solars before I finish crafting even 10 items out of my inventory he gets a cookie.

Basically producing a HV-Array or 512 pieces of individual solars is something you will most likely not do at the start of your game. Since both types don't consume any rare materials you will most likely have all the stuff in abundance.

So based on ressources you could scrap everything but the batteries and the energy-crystal. The batteries for the batboxes are only tough if you don't harvest rubber regularly or automated and the energy-crystal only needs a single diamond. Most other materials should be lying around ready for use. Maybe you don't have spare circuits, because you produced 512 Solars before, but again building one circuit won't change anything.

So you could give both parties all basic-ressources, since you should have them at this time. You could also give both parties 512 Solars, since they will need to craft them both of the an placed mfsu to which they need to connect their solar(s). I guess there is no doubt that setting up the HV-Array is much faster. And after the HV-Guy finished placing his HV-Array he starts mining. And tries to collect as much ressources as possible. He stops as soon as the other Guy managed to connect all the solars to the MFSU.

• Most my players start with 2-3 Solar Panels then they pretty much jump to LV's / MV's for a long time and removing them as time goes on and upgrading them. Then they build a HV with most of what they had down before.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Either the Induction Furnace goes, or the Adv. Machines are added. Anything else is illogical.

You are still forgetting that Induction furnace is mostly used for damn ore smelting, not counting that it can be used IRL ONLY for damn ore smelting.
    So, why we should just remove/add something, then we can just make induction furnace only smelt metals as it must be?
    Its not that problematic to make as remaking upgrade system or adding those Adv, machines, and it will slove the problem.

• You are still forgetting that Induction furnace is mostly used for damn ore smelting, not counting that it can be used IRL ONLY for damn ore smelting.
    So, why we should just remove/add something, then we can just make induction furnace only smelt metals as it must be?
    Its not that problematic to make as remaking upgrade system or adding those Adv, machines, and it will slove the problem.

Be right back, going to go put more uranium and coolant cells in my real life nuclear reactor out back in my pond.

And if the Induction Furnace was changed to that... People who like Adv. Machines will just ask for a new Adv. Furnace that isn't lame. Doesn't fix the problem at all- In fact it just adds another reason to remove it.

And if the Induction Furnace was changed to that... People who like Adv. Machines will just ask for a new Adv. Furnace that isn't lame. Doesn't fix the problem at all- In fact it just adds another reason to remove it.

Addon usage don't make items unneeded. The problem is about an ADDON, developers of the mod shouldn't lie under addon developers, as its THEIR mod.
    And its not Alblaka's problem that addon isn't updated, so there is no reason to remove that furnace, as much as to nerf it ever.
    As i told above, the problem has never existed. At least it didn't in the main mod.

• Addon usage don't make items unneeded.

No, but having the Electric Furnace the one that's upgradable, does.

Why make an Induction Furnace when you can just upgrade an Electric one? If you do have an answer to that, then why do the others not have the same option?

Why make an Induction Furnace when you can just upgrade an Electric one? If you do have an answer to that, then why do the others not have the same option?

Has multiple slots and gives you a spare place in electric furnace for some better pruporses, while induction one smelts your ore

• Has multiple slots and gives you a spare place in electric furnace for some better pruporses, while induction one smelts your ore

It's fairly obvious (at least, publicly) that Adv. Machines is not being added, so I'm moving over to the add-on thread and letting this one die.