Closed Beta IC² v0.85

• Official Post

Added Mass Fabricator, NanoSaber and the recipes for Nano&Quantum Suit

1. Instructions:
    Download is attached below.
    -Install ModLoader
    -Install ModLoaderMP
    -Install MCForge
    -Copy everything of the downloaded folder into your minecraft-jar. As you probably noticed, we moved all files to a handy sub-folder ^^ Except for the mainfile, of course (as it needs to be present to get loaded by ML).

2. Usage Notes:
    I've tested the installation, works fine (thus, if you get errors after installing, it's NOT the mod's fault, but a wrong install / version missmatch).
    Currently, the mod is SSP only.
    I've attached the recipe source code (couldn't bother writen a full recipe list yet), if you see the first few "known" old recipes you will quickly get the hang of reading the recipes ^^ If you even need it, that is. ~60%+ of IC recipes were left unchanged.
    If you got any questions regarding CONTENT or usage of item, drop them in here.
    You're free to promote the mod in any way, except for distributing files or creating videos of it. First clause is obvious, second one is related to beez taking care of the PR in an aimed manner.

3. Wiring:
    The wiring system was completely reworked. Energy won't be sent along the cable, but each time you place a cable the EnergyNet will update references and link up all possible combinations. If then a source proceeds to emit energy, the energy will directly will distributed to all machines in need of energy (with according range loss, which however is 0 with the current cables (testing purpouse)).
    You now get a set of 3 Energy Storage-Blocks, tiered. Storage blocks have once output, you will easyly recognize it by the special facing side. You can relocate that facing side by rightclicking the block with a wrench on the side you wish the output to be on. If you click the already outputting side, it will dismount the block as usual.
    Storage blocks receive power from 5 sides, while outputting to the facing one. Take note: They can only, at max, take in the power they're outputting. Anything else will result in spontanous combustion.
    As well, machines can now blow up if supplied more then 32 EUt. At least the tier 1 one (all currently avaible).
    Additionally, you get 3 tiered transformers.
    Tier 1 transforms from 32 to 128 EUt (BatBox - MFE)
    Tier 2 transforms from 128 to 512 Eut (MFE - MFSU)
    Tier 3 transforms from 512 to 2048 EUt (MFSU - True HighVoltage)
    Transformers have, similar to Storage blocks, one "High" side... and 5 low ones.
    In normal state, transformers will receive input from high, split received energy into smaller packets (read above) and output up to 4 pulses from their low sides.
    If powered with redstone, this process reverses. Then transformers will solely take input from their low sides, and output their up-putpot from the high side.
    This seems confusing at first, but once you got a hang of it, you will love it. the first to build a one-line energy storage facility with a switch on the main Transformer, gets a cookie :3
    There are now various Cable types to choose from, with varyiing attributes like
    - loss (+ means low EU over distance, - means a lot)
    - capacity (+ means a lot of EU can run through this cable, - means only very low voltage)
    - price (+ cheap, - expensive)
    Copper Cables: loss o, capacity - (32), price +
    Gold Cables: loss o, capacity o (128), price o
    HV (Iron) Cables: loss -, capacity + (HV, 2048), price o
    Glass Fibre: loss +, capacity o (512), price -
    Quite all cables can be surrounded by insulation (rubber). Some can even wrapped in multiple layers.
    More insulation = More rubber consumed, but less danger of getting shocked & slightly reduced EU loss over distance
    You can add and remove insulation on already placed cables by using the insulation cutter.
    Cables can now be painted. Colored cables do only emit energy to cables of the same color OR black cables (standard).

4. Known bugs:
    -None...
    -Report everything else you may find. Except for the sprites! Feanturi isn't avaible right now, thus i can't grap his sprites (he fixed and remade a couple of them).

5. Usage of stuff:
    -Switch MiningLaser Settings by rightclicking while holding M
    -Jetpack's Hover-Mode can be toggled by pressing H
    -You can obtain rubber by using TreeTaps on RubberTree-Treeholes (Rubber Trees generate in Forest and extremely common in Swampland)
    -Rigthclicking with a RE Battery equipped will plug it into another Electric Tool in the hotbar, quickly charging up said tool. Use this to power Mining Drills, etc.
    -Uranium Ore can be COMPRESSED into Uranium Ingots.
    -Nuclear Reactors are fully functional, but don't emit energy into the EnergyNet yet. You can watch their output in a cmd print, though.
    -Special Functions of Quantum Suit are passive / ConTRoLled

PS: Recipe file included :3

• Minecraft Forge 1.0.5 has modified gs.class , so I assume you want us to use Minecraft Forge 1.0.4 with your modified gs.class?

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Official Post

Minecraft Forge 1.0.5 has modified gs.class , so I assume you want us to use Minecraft Forge 1.0.4 with your modified gs.class?

Afaik MCForge has a modified EntityPlayer.class since ~.2 or .3
    I dunno whether the gile changed from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5... if so, you will need to use 1.0.4
    I'm currently attempting to update my MCP to MCForge 1.0.6, but it appears it got some recompile issue's.

• A quick bug found early: Wrench cannot dismantle generators and machines. Can redirect the face for BatBox/MFE/MFSU though.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• I am using minecraft forge 1.0.4 , and i overwrite the v0.83 with v.085 data. no 3rd party mod installed.

All type of generators, and any machines except trade-o-machine and personal chest can't be wrenched.

I will do clean reinstallation soon to confirm that. Meanwhile, I can't find insulation cutter in the recipe or in TMI list.

• Official Post

Induction furnace have no penalty when reaching 100% heat, and speed of melting doesnt seem to "go down".. And Cool idea btw!! Mindblowing!! As in.. Holy *curse*..
    Also it seems to melt REALLY fast!!

And the power useage... im not sure if its due to perma on thingy or what, but i chucked in some redstone for it, and 1 redstone burned for quite a while!

• Official Post

That's not meant to be happening...
    Guess i will have to do some more tests as well.

Induction furnace have no penalty when reaching 100% heat, and speed of melting doesnt seem to "go down".. And Cool idea btw!! Mindblowing!! As in.. Holy *curse*..
    Also it seems to melt REALLY fast!!

And the power useage... im not sure if its due to perma on thingy or what, but i chucked in some redstone for it, and 1 redstone burned for quite a while!

Heat = Good.
    More heat = Faster smelting
    At least for the Induction Furnace.
    @Redstone. Damn it, tricked myself. Redstone is coded in the base machines to provide enough energy for one operation. Usually, machines have a maxStorage of one operation (f.e. 600 EU). Induction Furnace has 10k Storage X(

Ok, with the pump, i had a pipe in the top, a redstone in the power socket, and nothing happens,so i shift rightclicked somewhere in the gui ( goofed around was thinking of what to try ) And insta saving chunks!

Shift-clicks cause crashes on most GUIs. I've not yet managed to understand how the shiftclick works exactly.
    As well, you're meant to put empty cells into the upper slot, not pipes.