[Suggestion] Locked doors

• This is just an idea for multiplayer servers, it would be cool if there were doors with locks on them so people cant freely enter your house or nuclear reactor bunker. How it would work is, when you make the locked door, you also obtain a key for that door and nobody else can enter without a key or unless you make them a key for the door, this would be way easier than making a complicated way to hide a door switch and i personally think it would be great for industrialcraft and most people would like it.

• couldnt you just break the blocks next to the door?

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• Official Post

I want to say that is not necessary to implement anti-griefing stuff if server-side plugins already does it.
    Personal safes are good since they have a storage of double chest in a single block and don't have BC/RPpipe interaction.

Edit: and don't forget [Suggestion] in title

• I want to say that is not necessary to implement anti-griefing stuff if server-side plugins already does it.
    Personal safes are good since they have a storage of double chest in a single block and don't have BC/RPpipe interaction.

Edit: and don't forget [Suggestion] in title

not everyone runs bukkit. It very lags behind *and* from my experience anything modloaderMP related never quite works right.

• Have the door rigged or something so it electrocutes people if they try to smash through it.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I'd better wait for computer module, so it would reqest password before turning on and it would have "open the door" button.

• Unless you create your house out of Personal Safes, this is kind of pointless.

Open doo- Oh. Password. ...

Break block under door, take the door, then raid the house. Keep door for lulz.

Or break in on the side (or top, or bottom), if the door is coded not to fall off.

Cannot prevent griefing unless they aren't able to destroy, or place, blocks at all.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Or you can use those :Dynamite: and a :Dynamite Remote: or if the situation really needs something a little bit more drastic well I would go for :Nuke TNT: but be carefull planing the detonation spot, we only want to blow up the door and keep the good stuff fine, almost all the times. (if you dont have ic2 installed just invite a MinecraftCreeper , he will open the door for u.

• Actually, as a stand-alone mod, an indestructible door would be pretty cool. Perhaps an unbreakable window as well. Then a person could simply make a Bedrock shell with a door to get inside and windows for lighting.

• Actually, as a stand-alone mod, an indestructible door would be pretty cool. Perhaps an unbreakable window as well. Then a person could simply make a Bedrock shell with a door to get inside and windows for lighting.

With a password requirement, and not being able to be opened with a redstone signal , and you have a near-perfect anti-griefer house.

But there are still ways in, sadly.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.