[Suggestion]Algae!!!!!

• Well this company called
    http://solazyme.com/ makes stuff out of Algae!!! Ranging from fuel to even food from algae! But they use lots of strains of algae, to make what they want, for example if they were gona make fuel from them, they would use a specific one, they can even make gasoline to rocket fuel!!! Your probably thinking how they do this, well they put the algae in some fermenter, and just add some kind of substance that gives it raw energy, they were gona use sugar, but it cost's to much, but in minecraft we have to use sugar to make it. So anyways it turns out that algae dont need sun light, as long as they have some sort of energy. So in minecraft you will have to make a fermenter, then put that strain of algae into it, then add water, some eu, and sugar to it ever day, then it will make fuel or plastic.

To make food that's a different story, once you fermented that algae, you have to grind it in your macarator, then mix it with some stuff, thenn bake it. Or you can turn it into some energy drinks :D

To cross breed, just put 2 kinds of algae in the fermenter, and wait to ferment.

• Could be a worthwhile addition to IC, I pretty much like it, although I fear that it could not meet my expectations.
    I can already imagine selling alginate-drinks on the beach :)

Further explanation:
    When I read this post, the concept immediately seemed familiar to me.
    It really was, I just found some notice concerning some old thought and an idea concerning this topic dating a month back.
    Maybe, in a few months, I will start working on a mod for that, but by then don’t expect it to be written at all.
    That’s the reason for my doubt that it will meet my expectations
    because they are very high and the system I had in mind is rather complex, therefore maybe impossible in MC.

• There was another mod someone suggested, it would have added algae like some kind of underwater sugar cane plant but could grow taller if planted in deep water. They suggested things like alternatives for food, dyes, and fuel as well.

Once again I think its an great idea aqua-culture is something that appeals to me what with my desire to make big underwater homes and using lots of renewable resources. I wonder if it could use some kind of variant on the agriculture system they're developing where it would have to be flooded with water to grow and became some kind of slimy block you would have to harvest with buckets or something. Refine it into things like fuel, medicines, dye, food; there's lots of potential! Lets hope the clever people in charge can make this one work :thumbup:

• There was another mod someone suggested, it would have added algae like some kind of underwater sugar cane plant but could grow taller if planted in deep water. They suggested things like alternatives for food, dyes, and fuel as well.

I am remembered! *foreveralonelaughing*