[Suggestion] Nuclear reactor changes

• Basically,I played for some time and some thoughts pressured me to write this topic

What I don't and didn't like from first look - reactor system,it looks like uranium generates energy
    why,sounds nice - but in real reactor - uranium generates heat and only heat,which evaporates the water and this overheated water spins the turbine,which generates electricity and than water returnes back into heating zone
    what it has to do with IC2 - water mills are absolutely useless ( as 6 planks you use to craft mill from generator will be compensated only after incomparable time to generator and 1 tree farm ),so allowing water mills to be used as another reactor addon-block would seem much more realistic,and would give at least some use for them.It would be nice to allow them to be connected to chambers,which will share heat from themselves to attached mills.
    From the beginning I thought about it in such way - mills would be energy producing attachments - like we have a reactor w/o chambers and surrounding cells - +10 heat/tick - this heat would heat attached mill and there heat will turn into energy.If 2 mills - it would work in a way,coolant cells work with uranium cell - nice sharing of the heat
    With increased chambers amount - up to 18 attached mills ( connected to each chamber,6 chambers total )
    Each attached mill would add some area to reactor gui - imagination is the only limit here,what can be added - I thought of making separate circle around basic reactor gui,where HD turn water cells into High-Temp(erature) Water cells by bumping heat into them(like 1000),which are then manually discharged in another area of reactor gui,separated from basic reactor agui nd outer circle gui (which is increased by number of attached mills)
    If this idea will have a chance - I would gladly try to create new reactor gui in photoshop ^^
    All this sounds really difficult,but alot more realistic - just my vision of perfect reactor,khm..
    and not many problems with coding - HT cells are almost like isotope cells,attachments are like chambers

Hope you'll catch and like the idea :thumbup:

• Yeah the watermill is somehow strange. Actually it is better than solars, 2 Watermills produce exactly the same amount of Energy as a single solar will do, but since you get two this is fine (well if it's raining water beats solar easily). You need some more wiring for them and more room.

Your suggestion actually would be true for the Generator and the Geo-Gen too. But obiously Alblaka much like SpaceToad is taking an easier approach towards design than eloraam. A modular design although more realistic would need a total rewrite of most generators and I guess the basic generator and the GeoGen are really easy as they are now. The nuclear reactor already is a bit more tricky. Placing just a Machine-Block and stuff parts into it (much like into the nuclear-generator) to make it work like a generator, a macerator, a transformer or whatever would be really cool but hands down... who would really be stupid enough trying to code this?

• I'm not much of the coder,but in easier way - new attached mill would give slight enlargement of reactor gui - that part of the code is already used in chambers
    Making new item,that would discharge HT cells is exactly the HD,or - w/o new item - part of the code,that correspondes to uranium making energy - almost copy/paste,dispencing heat to mills is maybe somehow different,I wouldn't know that

• Last I heard, Al was already thinking about revamping the Reactor a bit.

And water mills are actually the best* if using RP2 and a bucket filling system they give 2 EU each. That's 4, and sometimes slightly more**, then a Solar Panel. You also get two, so each time you add a set of water Mills to the RP2 system you get, at least, 8 Solar Panels. (And they're amazingly cheaper.)

*: Obviously only if you have the space.
    **: If the Solar Panels are in a Desert it's 4 times as good. If it's anywhere where it rains, then it's more depending on that rain. (And some places suck because of rain. :\)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• SP are desert dependent? >_>
    With water mills I had problems,that the only slot that correctly inputs and ejects buckets is bottom,so either input or output,maybe a bug or I'm missing something
    If I am,then they are not completely useless ^^"

But that's not actual topic xD