[Suggestion]Energy from jumping

• I've seen Direwolf's 1.65 preview and think something should be changed:
    Energy from walking should not be boots, but leggings.
    Boots can get energy from jumping/falling effectively lowering fall damage.

(helmet is so fun, more fun if wind/water variants added) ;)

• Official Post

I would like to see thermal clothes (all parts) which generates small energy using body heat.
    Efficiency is increased if you are at lower Y/near fire/near lava.

Thermal Set + rubber = Hazmat suit (unbreakable but wont protect against any damage from mobs)?

• Thermal protection and Energy collection is quite opposite tasks. I don't think Hazmat suit should give or spend energy. I do not know Alblaka's thoughts about it. Can only write my own about Hazmat if anyone interested.

• Jumping costs (last I checked, at least) about 10 times more hunger then just plain walking. (While using the Quantum Helmet, you might even come to a loss in EUs since the helmet was changed to use more energy. Not totally sure on that, though.)

Besides, who would WANT to jump to get energy back?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Not only jump, but energy of fall too. Are you want this energy from nowhere? Moving energy be it from jump or walk is from food of course.
    How about storing fall damage as energy, but release it if Boost Jumping ? Seems good for Quantum Boots.

• Are you want this energy from nowhere?

Static Electricity. Or, Static EU's.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Actually using this technics to create EU needs to draw the power from somewhere. So if you use static shoes/leggins that provide you with energy from walking this would slow you down normally (if you use the same power for walking) or it will make it more exhausting to walk.

If you use a dynamo on a bike you have the same behavior. The dynamo does not create power out of nowhere, it draws power from you by making it "harder" to drive.

• Except you use dynamo as brakes only. As if boots collect energy from fall damage, not from walking.

Although it is possible to make energy by falling you really would never want to walk with shoes that does this. It's like always walking in sand which is incredible annoying. So as tradeoff jumping or running with Pants, Shoes should create more exhaustion while producing a bit energy.

• Although it is possible to make energy by falling you really would never want to walk with shoes that does this. It's like always walking in sand which is incredible annoying. So as tradeoff jumping or running with Pants, Shoes should create more exhaustion while producing a bit energy.

As for real life if energy not adsorbed on low level, no exhaustion, only damage protection.
    As for game, jumping 1m up to the next step or 1m down is not so rare. If extracting energy from jumping up leads to logical exhaustion, when collecting landing impulse as energy is only the good protection.

• As for real life if energy not adsorbed on low level, no exhaustion, only damage protection.
    As for game, jumping 1m up to the next step or 1m down is not so rare. If extracting energy from jumping up leads to logical exhaustion, when collecting landing impulse as energy is only the good protection.

Both don't exclude each other.

The boots behave quite simple:

1. They increase the exhaustion for jumping and running.
    2. They decrease fall-damage because they absorb some damage as energy.

Oh and static pants are somehow not possible, because the pants don't have contact or any friction. They touch nothing but themself normally, so how should they charge? If you wear isolating shoes (most are) and and don't raise your feet while walking you will slowly charge and maybe you set this charge free if you touch anything that is grounded. But it is the boots which are important, you would achieve the same thing naked, as long as you wear isolated boots.

• Yes, I got static charge in wool boots on synthetic floor.
    It seems I misunderstoood worls "static" in boot's name. I've seen it add energy from walking, did not see jumping.
    I would be glad if Quantum Boots will be able to collect energy from fall damage and release it with BOOST+JUMP. I see in wiki, "jump higher" is a Quantum Leggings's job, but...

• Yes, I got static charge in wool boots on synthetic floor.
    It seems I misunderstoood worls "static" in boot's name. I've seen it add energy from walking, did not see jumping.
    I would be glad if Quantum Boots will be able to collect energy from fall damage and release it with BOOST+JUMP. I see in wiki, "jump higher" is a Quantum Leggings's job, but...

Technically jump is done with the leggins. I guess the Q-Leggins have some kind of exoskeleton which improves the power of your legs, which wood make higher jumps possible. But again the Q-Suit is pretty OP already improving it further is not something favorable.

• Technically jump is done with the leggins. I guess the Q-Leggins have some kind of exoskeleton which improves the power of your legs, which wood make higher jumps possible. But again the Q-Suit is pretty OP already improving it further is not something favorable.

Er, the jump is done by the boots when holding CTRL- while the legs let you sprint at a much faster speed.

Just tested, boots make you jump high, while not wearing the legs.

Unless you're talking about how it would work IRL- Which is pointless. Steve has no knees.

• Er, the jump is done by the boots when holding CTRL- while the legs let you sprint at a much faster speed.

Just tested, boots make you jump high, while not wearing the legs.

Unless you're talking about how it would work IRL- Which is pointless. Steve has no knees.

I said technically. This means whatever boots you wear you could normally never jump higher if your legs don't provide the power for the jump. You could construct some mechanical boots that do this, but this would be really awful (and most likely you would jump into a direction you don't really want to jump). The power for jumps comes from the legs, not the feet, so it should be the legs that make jumps better.