Suggestion: Quantum Helm Hunger Trigger Config

• Name: Quantum Helm Hunger Trigger Config
    Description: A lot of people consider the Quantum helmet OP. I personally am unsure, but I do know that it uses a significant amount of energy to refill hunger, which might be better if instead it was filled with actual food.

So, A config option, to set the amount of food quantum helmet fills you to. Anywhere from 0 to 20. (1 is a half pork)
    That way, you Can leave it at 18, so you regenerate, leave it at 1, so you just avoid starving to death, or perhaps 10, so you can sprint, but also can eat to regain regeneration. That would save energy, and could allow the wonderful *balance* argument to be unessesary, since everyone wins as a result of they setting it to what they want.

• That would save energy, and could allow the wonderful *balance* argument to be unessesary, since everyone wins as a result of they setting it to what they want.

Wouldn't it use the same amount of energy regardless of the amount of hunger it keeps you at?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Wouldn't it use the same amount of energy regardless of the amount of hunger it keeps you at?

Yes, But you would be able to use food without wasting most of it, or taking the helm off for a while (to let it drain enough to not waste it)

And, if low enough, it would be able to not support sprinting/ only prevent starvation, nothing more.

• This option in config would be good, but some ingame method better.

Hmm, interesting idea. To an extent that is true, but to an extent it isn't. I imagine some people would set it to 9, where it is, but I would probably set it to just above sprint, or possible just above starve. I suppose that would be a good idea. question is what kind of mechanic for setting it. I would expect, holding it and using the same (M)ode change option, toggle between 9 bars, 5 bars (sprint point I think) and 1/2th bar, with the config allowing disableing of the 9 bar part.

Actually, I think the best way to use it, would be to have it, on eating something that brings hunger to, say, 7+, to have it fill you to 10, and then wait till you drop below 5 to maintain it.

Its an intesting problem, a bit more complex than I thought. still, the config option seems like a good start, at least.