[Suggestion] Trade'o'mat security

• Hello, I've just opened a market on my server, the problem is that multiple users can access the same instance of trade'o'mat, and easily steal others items. Please think about improving its security. Thanks.

• Do you have a suggestion on how to increase the security? As far as I know it's impossible to prevent more then one person from accessing the same block at the same time.

Personal safes do, but they're permanently locked... I'm curious if it's possible to allow a 'temp lock' on it, based on the user accessing it.

But then that adds another form of griefing. 'Lulz, I'm afking at your box and there's nothing you can do!'

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

Hello, I've just opened a market on my server, the problem is that multiple users can access the same instance of trade'o'mat, and easily steal others items. Please think about improving its security. Thanks.

So, the issue is people stealing other peoples stuff whilst standing next to them? That's sort of same problem as "omg, i'm mining stuff but somebody is constantly stealing the drops"...

• easy solution:
    pvp=on

Not all that easy of a solution. If you're on a server where people will steal, you're on a server where people will corpse-camp.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• So, the issue is people stealing other peoples stuff whilst standing next to them? That's sort of same problem as "omg, i'm mining stuff but somebody is constantly stealing the drops"...

not really, the market is at spawn and there are so many users that you cant predict which one just stole your stuff
    I believe its possible doing it like a crafting table, so every user gets his 'own' window
    (or by making only 1 slot instead of 2, and that bought item would automatically appear in players inventory)

• there is a simpler way of adding security to the trade-o-mat without changing anything but how they are set up by the merchant. Just put it in a booth big enough for only one person to walk in use a iron door with the switch on the inside so the customer can close the door behind them. This is a already great mod and every time He has to change something because the users are not creative enough to work around some of the very minor issues. We the server owner have to spend hours fixing config files to get the new updates to work properly with other mods. I say if its not broke dont fix it. and the trade-o-mat isnt broke its just not set up right by the owner. ROFL it prolly the owner stealing the goods on another account and selling it back later.