Holy Grail of CASUC

• Hereby I present you the Holy Grail of CASUC reactors, attention everyone:
    Mark 1-O-CASUC EA
    Perfect Breeder (If you care to set up the enviroment)
    5.0 Efficency, which is the absolute maximum, even in Russia.
    1000 EU/tick 200000000 Total (nice round numbers for you)
    Feed it only 4 ice/sec, connect it to 4 :MFS-Unit:
    I'm pretty sure that it got your attention, so here is the setup for it:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…61c1010037ps11421i1111116
    For the breeding, just turn on for a few seconds. Like 5 exactly.
    Have fun, if you blow up, shame on you :D

• The planner wrongly calculates efficiency when you use depleted uranium cells. The reactor efficiency is only 4.17. Breeder efficiency is based upon the amount of uranium cells used in the proces of recharging depleted cells which clearly isnt maximalised here. You can combine the two to a total efficiency through some maths.

• The planner wrongly calculates efficiency when you use depleted uranium cells. The reactor efficiency is only 4.17. Breeder efficiency is based upon the amount of uranium cells used in the proces of recharging depleted cells which clearly isnt maximalised here. You can combine the two to a total efficiency through some maths.

"Listen closely now. Uranium Cells will pulse one time for themselves and one time for each surrounding Uranium Cell... OR Depleted Isotope Cell." - Alblaka So if you take an uranium cell and place 4 depleted cells around, the efficency is - in fact - 5.

• nope reactor efficiency is 1 then and the breeder efficiency is max (since having 4 depleted uranium cells around a uran cells is the most you can get). The uranium cell will not make extra eu it only makes more heat thus reactor efficiency stays 1.

Actualy the maker of the planner said this:
    'You're welcome, hehe. There's still a few quirks and the breeder section needs work, not bad for a project that I started only to teach myself how java applets worked ;)'

• Yes you are right, it was in the next sentence:
    "In latter case, this will generate the normal heat, but NO energy."
    Anyway, i never saw a CASUC breeder, maybe still interesting. I'm going to test it tomorrow (its midnight here :) )

• wel, the design is nice. the setup is nice.

must congratulate you on this, but. (yes here it comes) there is already an reactor called the "snowman breeder" which does all that yours does. il look for an link..

edit: here is the link i promised ;)

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=3753

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Ok it has been running for 6000 seconds. EU as expected, no fire, no lava, no crater.
    I made a redpower machine to refill it the following way:
    1. Take out Re-Eriched (retriever) if there is any
    2. Put back Isotope
    3. Refill Ice
    It is working nice, but I think I never going to use this many uranium cells. In the radiation-leaking state, it takes 5000 second to charge an isotope cell, so it is making more fuel than needed. I mean the margin is too big, using 24 :Uranium Cell: and making almost 40. I'll make some calculations of the coolig energy usage right now.

• Its impossible to make more fuel than you need. Game mechanics just dont allow for that. Only thing breeding does is essentialy multiplying
    the amount of uranium cells you get per ore.

It is using 24 :Uranium Cell: and in half cycle it makes 20, in a full cycle 40 (when it is after 6000 heat). That is more than 24.
    Some more data: You need 625 Stack of ice, 625 per item :P to compress it, this is total 25.000.000 EU for cooling, which is 1/8 of the total. Also each cycle can be done with 5 :Uranium Ingot: . And 62.5 Compressor is needed to keep up this pace (with a small margin, it is 64)
    It is a sheep after setup, take out the ice, after the radiation comes, put the 4 stack and 4 etxtra back, and it is good to go.

• It is using 24 :Uranium Cell: and in half cycle it makes 20, in a full cycle 40 (when it is after 6000 heat). That is more than 24.
    Some more data: You need 625 Stack of ice, 625 per item :P to compress it, this is total 25.000.000 EU for cooling, which is 1/8 of the total. Also each cycle can be done with 5 :Uranium Ingot: . And 62.5 Compressor is needed to keep up this pace (with a small margin, it is 64)
    It is a sheep after setup, take out the ice, after the radiation comes, put the 4 stack and 4 etxtra back, and it is good to go.

Well try to run it endless on some uranium ore its impossible you cannot get endless uranium cells from breeding it only multiplies the amount of uranium cells you get from uranium ore. Through this multiplier can be quite high (almost 10x) it isnt infinite.

The problem lies in the fact that depleted uranium cells require uranium ore to make. A 2th way to get them is when uranium cells finished their cycle they have a small chance to turn into one (25% or 33%). In the end you gotta use uranium ore to make more depleted cells to breed since you get less depleted cells back than you use. Since there is no way of turning uranium cells to uranium ore its impossible to make a perpetual mobile.

• Oh God, of course you need uranium for that. It just makes 40 :Uranium Cell: in a cycle and only uses 24, so the other 16 has to go somewhere.