Gold scaffold frame. Player defined flying area

• Hey
    How about the ability to combine gold dust with scaffold. To make gold scaffold!

With this a player would be able to build a 3d box frame that would make enable flying within the frame.

Is it possible to make defined flying enabled areas?

• Need power: 0.2 eu/t per block.
    Mechanics: fluid like block analog to water, all air in frame filled with it automaticaly. Some "forcefield" look from outside, light green screen overlay from inside instead of blue from water, particles.
    Static - no gravitation, fast up on space, fast down on shift.
    Will be nice elevator concept to.

But for construction purposes easier to make - tier 2 mfsu based jetpack with full height control and no failing down.

• + all block inside fully lit.

Probably it is possible with swimmable pseudo air inside. But just gold and wood is not enough for me.
    May be diagonal cross of gold with four glowstone dust between?
    But definitely consume energy.

• YES! I like the idea of powering it. Of course!

Maybe to fly you would still need an electric jet pack but the frame would stop electric jetpack from draining ?

• That mean quite less: only transfer EU from golden frame to player's tools.
    It would be easy imho. If devs admit it of course.

• The logic behind it is scaffold is a building aid and as you say a 'zero-G chamber' of sorts would be the next step up tech wise.

With loads of IC2, the step up in tech requires crafting tier # items into the next tier #+1
    hence gold dust(or other high value resource) + scaffold

I think that it would be cool, rather then creating a whole new branch of crafting. expand on what already exists.

• While it would be an improvement to help building stuff, as long as it worked like creative flying (not swimming or jetpack flying, that is way too unstable to be used for anything building wise) I would certainly like this.
    However, Gold dust would not be enough. It really ought to require some semi-advanced resources. Using Iron fences + some kind of advanced magnitisors, and ofc requiring some iron equipment, would make at least some sense.