[Suggestion] Treadmills

• Official Post

Use water to move mobs?

• Aside from the practical considerations of getting people or mobs to run on the treadmill, a quick reality check suggests that the energy output you get from a treadmill is negligible. Less, I submit, than a paddle in a stream or a turbine on a stalk.

What would be more useful might be a piezo generator that converts a redstone pulse to EU. Then you could put a handful of pressure plates in your sheep pen and they can generate electricity while they jump up and down for hours on end in exactly the same way that real sheep don't. (For the humourless, this suggestion is a joke. Nothing more. Deconstructing the idea will just prove you didn't get it.)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• what about trapping some zombies on a series of treadmills oriented in the same direction, then at the front of the treadmill farm, a row of fenced off snow golems to knock the zombies back a square or two? Energy and entertainment all in one!

• yes SpwnX, you can use water to mob and control mobs in trenches, which is the kill method in most automated Monster Farms, specially the Sky Trap. basically mobs spawn and wander aimlessly like ants on small platforms designed for it, then they fall off into a shallow water trench, where they are all funnels to a kill-zone or drop point. from their their head is either shaved with lava and they burn to death, dropping items in water which is carried to you, or they fall to their death on a collection plate. usually constructed out of iron and obsidian buildcraft pipes where the items go to a storage warehouse.

what about trapping some zombies on a series of treadmills oriented in the same direction, then at the front of the treadmill farm, a row of fenced off snow golems to knock the zombies back a square or two? Energy and entertainment all in one!

you would have to use spiders not zombies if you are making them spawn on purpose, because skeletons can also spawn where zombie do and they will shoot off your snow men.

Aside from the practical considerations of getting people or mobs to run on the treadmill, a quick reality check suggests that the energy output you get from a treadmill is negligible. Less, I submit, than a paddle in a stream or a turbine on a stalk.

i could also build actual roads and walkways in my towns. if you travel on the correct side of the "road" then you generate power for the town. :)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG