[IC2 Modding] First time IC2 modding tutorial?

• I have this great idea for a mod, and have a ton of pseudo-code waiting. I've begun the modding process, and have obtained the IC2 API, and am using Eclipse. I've managed to make a block, and a couple items with some basic recipes, but whenever I try to use an IC2 item( using for example: ItemStack waterCellStack = Items.getItem("waterCell"); ) in the recipe, the mod fails to initialize properly, and throws this:

I have been coding for years, but have never really dabbled in Java, and i'm wondering if my packaging is correct. It probably isn't :\

I've been looking for a concise guide on how to set up an IC2 mod from scratch, and have resorted to taking apart other peoples code to see how they did it. I know, it's bad, but I'm curious and want to learn.

Is there such a guide that I can follow to get an IC2 mod working?
    I really think this mod will benefit the community, and is in no way a "god mod". I've done hours of calculations and testing within minecraft and how IC2 works its numbers and have make sure that the end result of this mod is in no way over powered, but actually quite challenging to get to, and keep up. I am reluctant to say exactly what this mod will be doing at the moment, as I would really like to be the one that releases it :p

• I'm recompiling and reobfuscating, then taking the few folders it gives me and packing them in a .zip and putting it in my %appdata% based mods folder. Is that what you mean?

• I made sure the zip was last in the list, its named: "ZZZ.zip".

I'm thinking about starting over from scratch. What do i actually need to have in the jar before I decompile? I've had ModLoader only, and i've also tried ModLoader Forge, and IC2 all at the same time. I just want to make sure i'm starting out on the correct foot.

• O.K. I started from SCRATCH and with all the new code, it works! Though, I cant get the config to work. It throws this:

Is there some example code for getting the config files to play nice?
    I can work around this for now, just ignoring the config file, but I would like to get it working before release.

Time to start working on the real meat of this! woo!