[Suggestion] Gravity Lifts

• This would be sort of a higher teir magnatizer in which you can move both Up AND Down at fast speeds.
    Maybe It would take somthing like 20 EU/t (due to the magnitizer taking 2) and require one at both the top and the bottom of the lift.

Recipie would look somthing like this:

:Energy Crystal: :Advanced Circuit: :Energy Crystal:

:Advanced Machine: :MFE-Transmitter: :Advanced Machine:

:Energy Crystal: :Advanced Circuit: :Energy Crystal:

:MFE-Transmitter: = Magnitizer

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Honestly, I feel the magnitiser ought to just cause you to fall when holding shift, or anouther modifier. Unless it already does that, in which case there is no need for this.

• Why not using teleporter ?
    it works well for elevators.

Good idea, A while back. The *New* equation makes short range teleports still extremely expencive. Now, if you have silly amounts of power, thats fine.

• Official Post

Good idea, A while back. The *New* equation makes short range teleports still extremely expencive. Now, if you have silly amounts of power, thats fine.

If you have a uum factory, i guess you won't care about energy costs eh.

• Well This isnt ment to use abserd amounts of energy and is ment as a elevator. You are supposed to build this BEFORE the teleporter thus energy crystals.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Well This isnt ment to use abserd amounts of energy and is ment as a elevator. You are supposed to build this BEFORE the teleporter thus energy crystals.

i agree with this idea. either this or my Player Cannon idea under the "Coil-Gun Technology" thread.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

Well, If I could run Industrialcraft, Without the infurating technical difficulties, I could say whether or not the current magnitiser lets you fall (at non-damaging velocity) when holding shift.
    If that were the case, when you consider the speed the current magnitiser shoots you, well, Im not seeing a need for this.

• Well, If I could run Industrialcraft, Without the infurating technical difficulties, I could say whether or not the current magnitiser lets you fall (at non-damaging velocity) when holding shift.
    If that were the case, when you consider the speed the current magnitiser shoots you, well, Im not seeing a need for this.

Well If you could do that then I wouldnt be posting this silly person :huh:

EDIT: Typo fixed

• Well If you could do that then I would be posting this silly person :huh:

Ok, Should I assume you are a silly person, or that you made a typo, and hence created a contradiction? Because I think you mean, That If It were possible for the magnitizer to let you go down (without fall damage) then you would not be suggesting that. However, you appear to have said the opposite, saying that if that was possible, You would have good reason to post this, which sounds incorrect.

Ok, Should I assume you are a silly person, or that you made a typo, and hence created a contradiction? Because I think you mean, That If It were possible for the magnitizer to let you go down (without fall damage) then you would not be suggesting that. However, you appear to have said the opposite, saying that if that was possible, You would have good reason to post this, which sounds incorrect.

He's saying you can... (or at least should as of latest version)... I personally don't use them myself, tbh..

But I would like a non-armor dependent transport system for which to use in large scale buildings. This is due to the fact that I wear other mod related armors which aren't metal at all to negate falling damage...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• He's saying you can... (or at least should as of latest version)... I personally don't use them myself, tbh..

But I would like a non-armor dependent transport system for which to use in large scale buildings. This is due to the fact that I wear other mod related armors which aren't metal at all to negate falling damage...

Ah. That is a good reason to not want to use the magnetizer.

Isnt there a config option to add more things to the metal list? If not, it would be useful.

• He's saying you can... (or at least should as of latest version)... I personally don't use them myself, tbh..

if it's single player you can still use a "Fast Piston Elevator" which you can find on youtube. it wouln't work on multiplayer because of server to client latency, and as for a way down, why not just make a falling pit with 4 ladders in a 2by2 pattern to catch you? just don't land on the edges of the ladder, be sure to land in the middle, which isn't to hard. or you can try and grow Vines on an Iron Fence Elevator, when the fences aren;t charged then you can slide down the vines. when they are on then... well you know what happens.

P.S. Quantum Boots adsorb ALL fall damage and allow you to jump like 10 blocks high, which are also considered metal.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• if it's single player you can still use a "Fast Piston Elevator" which you can find on youtube. it wouln't work on multiplayer because of server to client latency, and as for a way down, why not just make a falling pit with 4 ladders in a 2by2 pattern to catch you? just don't land on the edges of the ladder, be sure to land in the middle, which isn't to hard. or you can try and grow Vines on an Iron Fence Elevator, when the fences aren;t charged then you can slide down the vines. when they are on then... well you know what happens.

P.S. Quantum Boots adsorb ALL fall damage and allow you to jump like 10 blocks high, which are also considered metal.

Heh, or if you bukket you can use wool too...

hmm, I wish rubber sheets where a bit more effective, and worked on severs.

Ah well, Laser mod is pretty much ideal for elevators, just look at direwolf's video. (note that I think he got the power levels a bit wrong however)

• well it would be nice to have a form of transportation with THIS mod and not other mods, if that were the case then i'd go download like 3-4 other mods but then i'd have to wait on all those to update and (insert more annoying reasons here), i'd rather just have a mild form of movement enchancing blocks and alterations in IC2.

i do love me some Speed2 pots and a Quantum Suit though, too bad Quantum Legs don't let you run up walls when sprinting, kind of like a super hero on DC Universe Online. it would be awesome to be able to run on walls and ceilings, i'd have hidden rooms all over the place only accessible by running on ceilings. :D

• Ok, Should I assume you are a silly person, or that you made a typo, and hence created a contradiction? Because I think you mean, That If It were possible for the magnitizer to let you go down (without fall damage) then you would not be suggesting that. However, you appear to have said the opposite, saying that if that was possible, You would have good reason to post this, which sounds incorrect.

It was a Typo...