Building a big industrial fortress [IC2, RP2, CC]

• You could probably guess it from the URLs ;)

It's a german image-hoster with imho good speed and good options: www.abload.de

A registration is really worth it, you can create galleries, delete your images, retrieve links for all of your uploaded images, etc.

PS: if you substitute

Code
    image.php?img=

in the URL for the thumbnail with

Code
    img/

you won't be redirected to the abload-page (showing image in an iframe) but directly to your image

• =============== Update #3 ===============

So it has been quite a long time since the last update, I had enough work with my studies so there wasn't any time for minecraft at all.
    Sorry for that but as I now have some free time, there will be some updates coming ;)

Modifications: kicked out buildcraft, added mod_Backpack, added mod_IronChests, added mod_zGraviSuite

I already spent some time the last couple of days, finishing some construction sides and want to show them to you. After testing a bit with ComputerCraft and RedPower I completed my factory and built a big automated farm.

Enough text, here are some screenshots:

greetings,
    foxxx0

• Official Post

kicked out buildcraft

Very good Decision. Redpower is much better.

16 macerators, 16 electric furnaces, 8 compressors, 8 extractors, 8 recyclers, 4 mass-fabricators

A bit much or? I run with only 6 Macerators, 6 Furnaces, 3 Extractors, 3 Compressors, 1 Canningmachine, 1 ScrapMassfab, 1 PureEnergyMassfab, 4 Recyclers and 1 blutric Alloyfurnace, with no Overclocking and i dont get any Problems with the workload (even when i insert Tons of Ores)

45 MFSU, for transporting energy over some bigger distances I have anothers MFSUs each 40 blocks to loose no energy

Why do all these people need large Energystorages? I just consume it directly after Production.

Just added "mod_IronChest" to get more compact storage options, but not everything upgraded yet as those diamond chests are quite expensive

But you have enough for 45 MFSU's? ;)

The first upper diamond chest is for input and emptied every 60 seconds (60sec timer + item detector)

Why not Relay? Its much better. I have four of them, to direct my Stuff, where i want it. (General Sorting, Direct to Factory, Direct to Recyclers, Direct to Thaumaturgy)

For manual processing (e.g. bronze) the 8 macerators and 8 electric furnaces have 8 OC, 2 trafo and 2 storage upgrades - I hate waiting ^^.

Half of the Copper/Tin Dusts are getting to another Chest for later Craftingpurposes instead of getting smelted. That solved the Bronzeproblem for me, even when i plan to autocraft Bronzedust in the future (using the automatic Craftingtable from Immibis Tubestuff).

those overclocker-upgrades make an ice-casuc possible

But Ineffective. These Compressors are costing more Energy with the Overclockers, than your CASUC produces. You need tons of Compressors, to get it effectively running.

Wheatfarm with RP frames for seeding

I have already seen it in the Framechallenge. I like that Machine, even when i dont need it myself. It has only a Purpose on Multiplayer, where many People need Food.

You have a very large Base. I prefer compact Designs, because of shorter Ways and less loaded Chunks, but large Bases are looking much better, than a 16x16-Tower. :)

• A bit much or? I run with only 6 Macerators, 6 Furnaces, 3 Extractors, 3 Compressors, 1 Canningmachine, 1 ScrapMassfab, 1 PureEnergyMassfab, 4 Recyclers and 1 blutric Alloyfurnace, with no Overclocking and i dont get any Problems with the workload (even when i insert Tons of Ores)

When we were mining with 3 players concurrently the factory had quite a lot to do, but with some upgrades (added about 2 days ago) some less machines might be enough.

Why do all these people need large Energystorages? I just consume it directly after Production.

Sometimes I need a quite large amount of energy (filling gravsuit bodyarmor = 10mio, 3 parts quantum = 3mio, 2 ultra lappacks = 20mio, mining laser = 1mio, etc.), multiplied by 3 if we're preparing all together that's quite a lot. Anyway I like to have some buffer of energy, can't be a bad thing to have ^^

But you have enough for 45 MFSU's? ;)

Why not Relay? Its much better. I have four of them, to direct my Stuff, where i want it. (General Sorting, Direct to Factory, Direct to Recyclers, Direct to Thaumaturgy)

40 of those MFSUs came from our earlier base, so I didn't put much effort in getting about 12 more around the new base. The problem with diamond chests isn't the diamond, it's the gold or silver which you need for upgrading to diamond ;) After some testing I found the UU-matter recipe for gold ore, so that problem might be fixed too as we already got quite a lot of this matter.
    Regarding the relays I need to take a closer look to that RP logic gates, quite a while that I used them.

Half of the Copper/Tin Dusts are getting to another Chest for later Craftingpurposes instead of getting smelted. That solved the Bronzeproblem for me, even when i plan to autocraft Bronzedust in the future (using the automatic Craftingtable from Immibis Tubestuff).

How do you split the dust between smelting and storing ?

But Ineffective. These Compressors are costing more Energy with the Overclockers, than your CASUC produces. You need tons of Compressors, to get it effectively running.

Already assumed that, need some inspiration for water-casuc, haven't been in the nuclear engineering forum for a while. Maybe the reactors remain dummy and I put some more materials into solar arrays as they are reliable and need no control / refilling.

I have already seen it in the Framechallenge. I like that Machine, even when i dont need it myself. It has only a Purpose on Multiplayer, where many People need Food.

The wheat isn't used for food only, just started a new sheep farm to get more wool for insulated cables. To "generate" more sheeps :thumbup: you need some wheat to feed them ^^
    BTW: This is an advanced version which is nearly entirely hidden underground so that it doesn't disturb the view :D

You have a very large Base. I prefer compact Designs, because of shorter Ways and less loaded Chunks, but large Bases are looking much better, than a 16x16-Tower. :)

Indeed it's very huge. Starting to think it's a bit too big, because I don't know what to do with the whole empty space :P

• Official Post

When we were mining with 3 players concurrently the factory had quite a lot to do, but with some upgrades (added about 2 days ago) some less machines might be enough.

Each of my Machines has a Relay as Buffer. So it cant Overflow.

Sometimes I need a quite large amount of energy (filling gravsuit bodyarmor = 10mio, 3 parts quantum = 3mio, 2 ultra lappacks = 20mio, mining laser = 1mio, etc.), multiplied by 3 if we're preparing all together that's quite a lot. Anyway I like to have some buffer of energy, can't be a bad thing to have ^^

Oh, i forgot that you have that awesome Suit costs so much Energy.

Regarding the relays I need to take a closer look to that RP logic gates, quite a while that I used them.

Its not a Logicgate, its a Block that automatically inserts its content into the Tubesystem, at a 2-Stacks-per-Second-Rate.

How do you split the dust between smelting and storing ?

Its simple. Just make that two (or more) ways in the Sortingsystem have the same Distance, and it alternates between these Ways at a 50%-Chance

:Advanced Machine: :Cable: :Advanced Machine:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Cable:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Cable:
    :Intergrated Plating: Input

:Advanced Machine: = Filter/Sortingmachine
    :Cable: = Tube

Indeed it's very huge. Starting to think it's a bit too big, because I don't know what to do with the whole empty space :P

I even think my 16x16-Tower is too high to fill it completely, as its in a Mushroombiome, where i cant build MobTowers.

• Ah ok, never thaught of that. To automate it like this I need to modify my factory. From the factory input a filter ist pulling out a stack and directed same way as the sorting machine, 4 different ways (until now) :

• to compressor
    • to extractor
    • to furnace
    • to macerator, then to furnace

That's how I connected the system so there's no option to grab the dust before smelting yet.

Thanks for your helpful feedback, as usual ;)

greetings,
    foxxx0