[Question] How to start modding ic2 mods with mcp and modloader?

• Ive searched for Month everywhere!
    And this, sorry, but ... crappy Wiki doesnt say ANY WORD about the api, u can only downlod it.
    PLEASE someone tell me how to include the ic2 api in mcp!
    I can write mods with mcp but i dont know how to include ic2 items...

Please help & dont write "OLOLOLLL" we dont wanna tell you that

• Like RichardG said, stick with the basic mods first, but if you do understand those, just download the API. It doesn't need a guide on how to use it because it is very well commented, every file having more comments than code. If you're having trouble understanding it, then work on your java and modding first.

• thanks, but i know how to write mods.

but i dont understand how to use the api!

do i need to decompile ic2? how do i test my mods?
    if i include ic2 with "package net.minecraft.src.ic2.api;" and "import net.minecraft.src.ItemStack;" eclipse says a lot of errors on recompiling.
    i decompiled mc with modloader, but not modloaderMP and/or mcforge, 'cause of errors on decompiling.

sorry for my bad english...

• Put Modloader and ModloaderMp in your jar to decompile, but dont bother decompiling. Download the forge source package and put the "forge" folder in your projects folder(along with all the scripts).

Then go into that folder(the forge one) in a terminal/console, and use "install.bat" or "install.sh", it will decompile everything and patch forge into the source, adding all of forge's comments(which are a blessing)

To add the IC2 API, literally just get the API and copy the "ic2" folder into "src/minecraft/net/minecraft/src" (lol, its symmetrical) Do the same for minecraft-server if you plan to make an SMP mod. Then in eclipse, under source you will find "net.minecraft.src.ic2.api", open that and read all the files that interest you, they are very well commented and easy to use.

Note, if you want to add recipes using any electric items, use the "AddCraftingRecipe" method in "IC2Recipes" instead of modloader's.

• thank you very much!!

this should be in the official ic wiki.

EDIT:
    ///////
    after messing up with wrong versions ect IT WORKS!
    thank you very much!!