Voltage efficiency on wiki

• Hello, I just studied the voltage efficiency at http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…=Cable#Voltage_Efficiency, and either I got it wrong or there is error in the table, could you help me to clarify?

When 2EU/t goes through copper cable (insulated) with EU-P=2 it is 1 packet/t, so the loss should be 0.2 (EU per t per block) as it is in the table.

When it is 2EU/t but EU-P is 32 (so it is 1/16 packet/t, or one packet per 16 t), I would expect the loss to be 0.2/16 = 0.0125, but the wiki states the loss is the same as with 2EU-P = 0.2, isn't it strange?

The same issue is with all the values where EU-P > EU/T

• .2 eu loss per-block. Regardless of packet size. All answers are rounded up. So up to x4 blocks for copper (.8 loss) the answer is rounded up, and no loss occurs.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• .2 eu loss per-block. Regardless of packet size. All answers are rounded up. So up to x4 blocks for copper (.8 loss) the answer is rounded up, and no loss occurs.

Yes Every packet looses .2 eu every block regardless of packet size (rounding is done at the end, so it doesn't concern me now), so when I transfer 2EU/T (first line of the table) I can:

A) transfer it in 2EU-P at rate one packet/t, so EU loss is 0.2 per t per block

B)
    transfer the same amount of energy in 32EU-P, so I send 1 packet every
    16ticks, so I lose 0.2 EU per block only once every 16 ticks, thus amortized
    loss per tick is 0.2/16 = 0.0125

Edit: It is also the same as the formula on the wiki Total (EE/b) per tick = (EU/t)/(EU-P)*EU/b
    So larger EU-P has to mean smaller energy loss.

I understand that, when you use copper cable, up to 4 blocks the loss is 0 regardless of packet size, but if you tansfer over 5 blocks, with 2EU-P is the loss 0.2EU = 10%, and with 32-EU-P is the loss same (0.2EU), once very 16 ticks = 0.6% energy loss

Edit: I will test it on IC2 when I get home.

• In almost all circumstances, larger packet sizes are more efficient. The exception is tin cables. although only green generators generate power low enough for it to handle.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]