[Suggestion] industrial pollution

• The idea its a man made Biome as a consequence of using too many polluting machines (The more machines of these kind you use, the more pollution), pollution can be avoided by not building too many of these or simply placing these far away from your main base. Kinda like the Taint its working in thaumcraft, too much and it becomes a shithole, too little and you barely notice it.

i'm think what the implications would be for smp what if your neighbor doesn't give a crap about his pollution cause he is a rich donater and can teleport to his beautiful jungle retreat while he pumps his sewage into you back yard

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• i'm think what the implications would be for smp what if your neighbor doesn't give a crap about his pollution cause he is a rich donater and can teleport to his beautiful jungle retreat while he pumps his sewage into you back yard

Its a feature!

Or should i say Real life? Besides if someone did something like that in my back yard i would totally nuke that shit, fuck him if its going to fuck me.

Inb4 someone comes and suggest a fucking config file for it.

• hmm change the social norm to make it acceptable to nuke someone? :huh: I LIKE IT! :thumbup: as an addon not part of vanilla ic2 it works for thaumcraft cause people are not used to every thing running clean but i think it would be to late for IC2 to make such a change

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• hmm change the social norm to make it acceptable to nuke someone? :huh: I LIKE IT! :thumbup: as an addon not part of vanilla ic2 it works for thaumcraft cause people are not used to every thing running clean but i think it would be to late for IC2 to make such a change

Its never too late, people should just grow balls and take the changes its not for them to decide. (Not to us either Har har)

• Its never too late, people should just grow balls and take the changes its not for them to decide. (Not to us either Har har)

it wouldn't be much different from now though since most forms of IC2 power are green. macerators, normal generators, and furnaces are the only potential polluters I see (well that and maybe some mark3> reactors)

EDIT: we could recycle the waste in the recycler almost like real life

• Nuclear generators are heavily included in that category.

nuclear power can be contained (the only exaust is steam and depleted cells) it doesn't go spewing smog and particle affects like the others. also its intended to be the end game power source do you want to drive every one to solar?

EDIT: scrapboxes could still be green

• nuclear power can be contained (the only exaust is steam and depleted cells) it doesn't go spewing smog and particle affects like the others. also its intended to be the end game power source do you want to drive every one to solar?

Its not perfectly contained, and it doesnt exactly produce Aerial pollution like regular stuff, but a more solid kind of waste.

Everyone its already driven to solar so it makes little difference.

• any waste item can still be disposed of in lava, a recycler, or the void. ic2 still has to hold on the some of its futuristicness (though iron furnace level machines should totally spew, soot, smog, and sludge)

• last i heard, nuclear radiation didn't cause much of a breakdown of solid stone till it turned to gravel. that is also why there is Reactor Plating in the Nuclear Reactor recipie, to help contain the excessive radiation to an extent, also if it's not a PVP server then this polution does nothing but BAD things. it needs some form of a GOOD aspect to balance it out, eg: UE Water. otherwise the only things this would be used for is...

1. deter people from using the high end generator and cause more solar spammers.
    2. promote griefing, intentional or accidental.
    3. cause the game to be significantly less fun if your spending hours upon hours trying to keep an SMP server clean since it runs 24/7.
    4. cause players to seek other means of generation or completely lose a significant amount of users of the IC2 mod, currently it is a wonderful and useful mod that we all enjoy. why add something that a significant amount of people hate with absolutely 0 benefits?

so to help make this idea acceptable you could:
    1. reward in the clean-up of pollution some way, when it restores the block to it's original form and provides the player with a piece of Scrap or be able to exact Uranium from the polluted blocks.
    2. Uranium is in already in EVERYTHING in small amounts, even dirt and water worldwide. so why not allow a reactor to Enchrich these minute quanitities and make them able to be extracted from the blocks or water?
    3. mutating the wildlife such as cauing cows to turn into Mooshrooms that provide red mushrooms, causing regular mushrooms to turn into Giant Mushrooms, and turn grass into some tiypeof mutagen agent like Mycellium working to speed up mushroom growth, cause mushroom grown on cows, make sheep to turn brown and sheared for brown mushrooms instead of wool, stuff of that sort.
    4 also keep in mind that it will take significantly more Uranium to enrich the water then you would get out of the water. also you could think of it as your dumping nuclear waist into the water and letting the Uranium Oxide particles gather and sink and the tiny little bits of Uranium are still floating in the water waiting to be extracted out.

there are 4 reasons on both sides to my arguement as to why it is bad and what COULD balance the detrements in order to make it not 100% a bad thing and a sever waist of time for the average player that doesn;t like completely destroying their neighbors.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• any waste item can still be disposed of in lava, a recycler, or the void. ic2 still has to hold on the some of its futuristicness (though iron furnace level machines should totally spew, soot, smog, and sludge)

I never said it should actually make a Nuclear Waste item, it can easily be justified as the nuclear reactor automatically soiling the earth/soil its in instead of releasing smoke,etc in the air.