Question regarding the IC Reactor planner

• I planned a reactor (duh), then in the general info section below the planning grid, for the "Maximum cycles" it says"100% of a cycle" with an exess cooling of 21, this in itself isent a problem, exept at the top it says that the reactor is a Mark III, which if I read the tutorial correctly, means that the reactor needs to cool down. Is the reason that it is labeled with Mark III becaue it depletes cooling cells? Or is there another reason that I am missing.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…fgu3nl4m9osjk4m571z2f2qtc

• Those cooling cells have no IHDs to help cool them down, thus they have to do so all by themselves.. this takes a long time to do.

That design is incapable of taking advantage of external cooling because there are no components that interact with the hull.

• Yes, the Integrated Heat Disperser. That updated design still has the same problem because some of the cooling cell do not have a neighbouring IHD. Ideally you need to make a design where each cooling cell has a neighbouring IHD but using as few IHDs as possible.

• ahhh, ok, well here goes the rest of my day, haha

also, not to hate on you or anything but that is an awefule design, your using 10 cells to get the same amount of power that you could get out of 4 cells. here is an idea.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…1k101010037ps011111101110

at the very least, this could help you better understand the interaction of Uranium Cells with each other for power production and efficientcy of your cells.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I would love to look at the designs but the links keep redirecting me to some site to download Java when I already have it installed.
    Could someone please post them elsewhere besides the redirect hell that talonfire is.

Thanks

• I would love to look at the designs but the links keep redirecting me to some site to download Java when I already have it installed.
    Could someone please post them elsewhere besides the redirect hell that talonfire is.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, the applet does require an optional Java package (it also requires at least version 1.6 of the base JRE).

Just make sure you're downloading the Java-whatnot from Oracle.com. (java.com also looks legit, but I've always used oracle, since that's where the old official java.sun.com redirects to)