FallStone

• I have created my own algorithm for very crudely generating (CPU conservatively) structure stresses in a voxel based environment. And decided, hey, lets port it over to Minecraft. Thanks to some modding code help from Verdan I have now been able to start work on this.

Here is the original algorithm demonstration tool:
    Download --> My google chrome won't let me download this -_-, so I assume some antivirus programs will have issues too. Avast and AVG are fine with it though.

Here is a screenshot of the first successful build of the FallStone mod! (It needs a lot of work :( )

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZivraKk9HE

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this will be a good addition to Minecraft?

• Structure collapsing? Interesting.

There used to be a mod where blocks would decay - stone into cobble ..?.. into gravel.

Yeah, this mod will degrade stone into cobblestone which is structurally weaker in the algorithm. And when the block breaks from stress it turns to gravel, which if touching a block which is in a structure which is being simulated will act as a weight. The only reason there are holes in the skyscraper is because Its a work in progress and a direct port has not been smooth :(

• Wow, interesting idea adding structural integrity stuff to minecraft. Very ambitious and i'd hate to imagine porting it to Minecraft.
    Definitely interested in seeing it in action once it's stable enough though. Are you planning on supporting the IC2 concrete blocks? If not than it's going to be interesting making tall structures given the limited load capacity of stone and brick.

• That's actually pretty cool, any chance we could get a demo video? This seems like it could be pretty awesome...

Once I have a correctly working build I will post a demo video, the screenshot although promising.......was not the desired result

• Wow, interesting idea adding structural integrity stuff to minecraft. Very ambitious and i'd hate to imagine porting it to Minecraft.
    Definitely interested in seeing it in action once it's stable enough though. Are you planning on supporting the IC2 concrete blocks? If not than it's going to be interesting making tall structures given the limited load capacity of stone and brick.

I do not know if its the crappy Minecraft engine or my lack of knowledge of Java or a mixture of both which has made this port extremely difficult, I have actually asked Alblaka for help.

I am planning to integrate all sorts of blocks with different properties for example stone will be more brittle than iron and glass will have a shattering effect. TNT will not just destroy blocks it will add structural stress, you could have a room which could catastrophically (wow I spelled that correctly first time!) fail with explosions. I plan to have some form of force fielding system which will take IC2 power and transfer it into structural stress.

I plan great things for this mod
    Once I can get the basic algorithm to work ;(

• If there is a mod developer looking at this, and has some free time, and some charity, could they please contact me?

I require some assistance ;(