Suggestion: Reinforced Wind mill

• Official Post

Reinforced wind mills has stronger (and heavier) blades that makes it much harder (or even impossible) to break.
    At the cost of 25% reduced efficiency.

Recipe:
    AXA
    XWX = Reinforced wind mill
    AXA

A= advanced alloy
    X = empty
    W = wind mill

[Main reason: Wind mills when break it releases 4 iron ingots, that are IMPOSSIBLE to recover them all. Even with RP/Water collection system, since some iron stay bugged inside the block (did the test at server now)]

• concept makes sense +1

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• +1 too.
    I think windmill should produce more energy in order to make large system, and make them unbreakable should help for it :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• note i said the concept gets a +1 not the idea as spwnx has suggested it should be implemented

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

So remove the only thing that made this generator on par with the solar one? Not for me.

Solar are much more easy to set than wind mills, since they CANT be set with tin cables.
    Second: wind mills needs more space (if you don't know how to make a space efficient design [as almost everybody])
    Third: you have to worry about obstructions in every direction , solars only need sky vision.
    Fourth: Solars can be set underground with RP microblocks hide.
    Fifth: You need loads of cables (Glass fiber ones) if you set them high and your base is at ground.
    Sixth: They break (that part is the only one that cant be minimized by creativeness [RP/Water collection system will never be 100% efficient])

Considering the cost of 4 alloys i dont think 25% efficiency is required. Just removing the break % would do. Else ppl would simply spam 25% more windgens causing 25% more windgen lag.

Well, the efficiency reduction is to make them less overpowered, since they generate 50/20% more energy on thunderstorms and rain [sometimes it rains for days at minecraft]
    And i think that advanced alloy plates are kinda heavier, making blades spin kinda slower (not much).

But i'd like if efficiency is keeped as i am a wind user.

• Official Post

I need to see how much EU/Tick each and every Windmill model generates before making a detailed veredict, i have never bothered with Windmills because i usually go straight to Superfuel or GeoGens.

At 128 height they generate from 1 to 3 (with peaks of 5 to 6 when thundering and raining)
    At 256 height they generate from 3 to 6 (with peaks of 8 to 10 when thundering and raining)
    [If EU/t generation is higher than 5EU/t they have about 0.075% chance on breaking once every X tick (X = i don't know)]