Question: How many eu, exactly, does the static boots/solar helmet produce?

• I ran a short experiment trying out my fancy new pair of static boots. Figuring that since they were so extremely cheap, they must generate only a tiny amount over a lot of walking, I proposed a test to see how much power they would generate. With my empty bat-pack and empty drill I set off running around my island several times, running through my horizontal mineshaft, running up and down stairs, the like.

After about 10 minutes of this I stopped and placed some dirt blocks to drill. Now, you have to break the first block with 0 power before the drill gets a charge from the bat-pack. However, the drill didn't get enough power to break the next dirt block at regular speed! So 10 minutes of walking/sprinting/jumping didn't even get me 250EU. I was hoping for a little better that wastes arguably the most valuable slot in your armor (prevents fall damage, hayo!).

My question is, how is the power generation of static boots calculated, and how much power can I expect from them? Also, I would like to know how much power the solar helmet generates, since it seems to be MUCH less than a standard solar panel. Or maybe it just doesn't work underneath leaves, because I only use it when I'm outside hacking down trees.

• I am going to do a more thorough test today and see if my static boots are doing anything.

Edit: they do seem to be working, but I think they generate a bit less than 1 EU every 4 blocks. I ran around my island again, probably about 500-600 blocks, but when I emptied my batpack into an empty MFSU it only provided 54 EU for the whole trip.

• IF the diamond drill holds 120 uses worth of power (10,000 eu), then it consumes roughly 85 EU per operation. Right now, the static boots aren't even worth the iron that goes into them, because sprinting at full speed for an entire day would only give you 3-4 uses of your drill, which feels a tad unfair. The solar helmet, on the other hand, generates as much as a solar panel (provided you are outside), 13,050 EU/day in clear weather. That's a whoooole lot more power. Right now, anyone using the static boots instead of the fall damage protection from rubber boots are insane.

• do the boots still work if you drop your self in a hole and run in place? or do you have to cover that distance?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"