Question: energy splitting

• So, what about cable splitting?
    I thought, i can just attach cables to machines without any troubles with IC1-like energy "half-splitting". But i tried to power some macerators with one batbox, and there is a problem

The four macerators at the right side are taking only 1 eu/t, not 2 eu/t, and they are working slower than normal. Batbox can emit up to 32 eu/t, and 14 macerators consumes only 28 eu/t, and there are no energy loss on the system. Is it a bug?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• But what about the left side? 16 -> 4?

But 4 eu/t is not enough to power 3 macerators, but they are working normal.

And i thought, there are new algorytm of splitting - not just dividing.

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• So, let's try some furnaces.
    Setup 1

Each furnace takes 3 eu/t. It is impossible with evenly splitting (In that case furnaces would take 8, 4, 2 amd 1 eu/t)

Let's try another setup.

Only one change. Induction furnace now takes 6 eu/t

Setup 3. OK, it is simple. isn't it? 16 eu/t for induction furnace, and 15 for regular furnaces.

NO!

So, i have no idea, how does it work...

• Official Post

The Energy is split according to the cable loss without taking "idle" machines into account.

The machines connected to the batbox with a shorter (less lossy) cable get more energy.. However there's still an issue with the machines' input energy buffer dimensioning which decreases the effective energy source output power.

• Oh... To be honest, i don't like this idea. I think, energy should be split according to energy consumption of the machines, taking into account cable lenght...
    I tried to distribute all 32 eu/t between 16 machines without any loss, so, in this case, cable lenght algorytm is not very good...

• Official Post

The cable loss (length) is the only plausible parameter for distributing energy in an energy network with too much energy demand. If you use the energy consumption it'll turn on some far-away teleporter but leave a macerator right next to the energy source unpowered which doesn't make sense at all.

As I already said there's a bug which causes the batbox to emit less eu/t than it's supposed to in some situations.

• I mean not only energy consumption, distance too...
    For example:

Code
    BB-------------------------
           |        |        |
           F        IF       M

BB - batbox
    F - Furnace
    IF - Induction furnace
    M - Macerator

First, check consumption of furnace. Give it 3 eu/t. Second - Induction Furnace - 16 eu/t, and then - Macerator - the rest.
    So, you use the distance AND consumption. Is it possible?

As I already said there's a bug which causes the batbox to emit less eu/t than it's supposed to in some situations.

And does that issue display this bug too?

• Official Post

First, check consumption of furnace. Give it 3 eu/t. Second - Induction Furnace - 16 eu/t, and then - Macerator - the rest.
    So, you use the distance AND consumption. Is it possible?

The energy distributed to the machines should scale down somewhat evenly if the source doesn't have enough power. For example I don't like having an induction furnace running at max power while a low-power machine right next to it can't run at all just because it has a little more loss.

Once the bug is fixed the effect will be much smaller and not noticeable at all in a setup like the one you posted above.

And does that issue display this bug too?

Yes

• OK, thank you for the explanation. ^^

• Oh, i am sorry, but can i ask one more question? I can't see information about this bug in the "known bugs" thread, so will it be fixed in 1.0?