Posts by Kuu

Hello! I tried your mod in Ampz pack, and It looks fancy. I think, I'll use it in some environment that consists of BC-powered machines or IC2-powered machines.

However, there are one thing that bugs me... Positive electrolyze water-> burn hydrogen energy loop. It can't be positive at all.

Also, it seems like your UE -> EU/Mj conversion ratios a bit... overpowered. Do you plan to fix that?

Excuse me. I missed that moment when automation was considered to be "bad".
    I mean, come on! This is INDUSTRIAL craft, and what kind of industry it is supposed to be without automation? ManufacturingCraft?
    Anyways, idea is not that bad, but possible implementation may be horrible. And I just confused about that "Herpderp, automation is bad!!! Kill it with fire!!!"

Well, I really don't like magic blocks. The point I have is that they often perform their task better than RP2-contraption with the same purpose, But it is... well, sometimes it is not fun. I like to make contraptions, and observe them while they are working. It is a nice feeling ^_~
    Speaking about RP2 contraptions, this is an RP2 treefarm. Controlled by a single computer, and can be extended up to 16 trees without any changes of the code:

The issue with RedPower is that if you can do something with it - there is a mod with something that can do it better or in more simple way - with a magic block. Well... some frame machines are exceptions for now.
    Treefarm/other farms? Forestry can do it with a magic block - no need to make a control circuit of computer.
    Quarry? Well... WayOfTime made a nice frame quarry, Direwolf made a frame quarry too. The are different, but each of them is awesome, but... Well, BuildCraft quarry and miner are far more simple than these frame machines. And with WayOfTime-style quarry you have to use any mod with big chests or enderchests, since there are only a small room for a chest.
    Sorting/autocrafting? Logistic pipes... I don't use them (and buildcraft/forestry too), but... well, they are simple, compact and very handy with that "requests" system and other stuff.
    Computers. Well, how often did you hear something like "I can't understand FORTH, I'll use computercraft and Lua". RP computer is awesome, but not very "user-friendly".

I really like RP, and I don't use BC, Forestry, computercraft and Logistics pipes, but I think it is an issue - you can't build with RP Blocks something better(or, at least, more simple), than one can code and make a mod.

I'm not sure, if I should ask you or Eloraam, but here is the point: In SSP Personal Safes are just compact chests, which you can put next to each other. It would be very useful to be able to move them with frames - for example, capacity of my frame quarry would increase by five times!

Hello, Greg! This is the awesome tutorial!
    I just want to ask: why did you put three relays and filters for your furnaces and macerators in the second version of your factory design? I mean, can't one filter + relay setup provide all the items for all three macerators or furnaces?

Watch episode 19 of Direwolf20's let's play, he sets up a very similar system and describes how it works step by step.

Yes, Direwolf's factory is nice, but i think it is too complicated. You don't need to make cells and waste your tin on it. And there are better way to distribute items between 8 geogens - just use a sorting machine in the first mode instead of filter to pull out lava buckets. Put a lava bucket into the each column of the sorter and use some colored tubes.

And if you don't want to watch that long video (actualy, it is good) - the main point of this station is a deployer. Deployer don't just deploy block - it rightclicks with the block put into the deployer. So, if you put an empty bucket in the deployer and give it a redstone pulse, it will rightclick the tank with the bucket and fill it! And you need to pull out of the deployer any lava bucket and deliver it to the geogen. Then, there are a retriever to pull out an empty bucket and return it to the deployer. - this is how does my simple station work.

*takes industrial diamond*
    -Thank you. I am not sure if it's really my idea - but "rightclick" function of the deployer is awesome. I put an OR gate for the small delay betveen deployer and filter activations and compact design. Retriever just retrieves empty buckets back to the deployer ^^

Who needs tons of pipes, "bucketfillers" and all of this stuff? You even don't need to waste any tin!
    Presenting RedPower2 geothermal station! Just supply the tank with some lava and gain power!

Actually there is a mod "Advanced machines" in this forum, and it has a Singularity Compressor, Rotary Macerator an maybe some kind of extractor. But personaly I don't like to install a mod, then mod to this mod, then mod to the mod to the mod... wait... OH SHI~

Nice and funny videos as usual! I was laughing a lot at your first update video ^_~
    About nothing-produsing tree farm - i tried that one too (but not using quarry) and stuk with that filler issue too...
    But! Now, you can just build the RedPower sand-drop tree farm with deployers, piston and block breacker! That thing is awesome, but there are an issue with correct working tree detector... It depends on direction of the signal and placement of BlockBreaker (haven't figured out which placement is the working one) But anyways, that farm is very cool. If you can supply infinity bonemeal into it, you even don't need the tree detector.