[Suggestion] Hot Pants [Halfjoke]

• I really like this idea. The rubber scares me though. My first thought was of the pictures in my friend's fire science textbook. Rubber and synthetics near skin don't do well with heat. Leather is better protection against fire and heat, because it's not a sticky hot mess.

I also like the limited uses. I kinda like the limit being one use though. You touh fire or lava or whatever and then the item breaks after x number of seconds. Preferably with the tool breaking sound so you know its happened. Of course anything is programmable, but since I don't program I don't know how feasible it is to add a triggered time delayed item decay like that. Would be very cool though.

it's supposed to give you a free "Mess up" when you fall in lava. A time limit would be helpful.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• What about if it protects you without penalty when you are no more than waist deep, but as a trade off you can't sprint. What if you wear it too long after you get out of the lava, steve's bottom half turns to an obsidian block. :-p Just throwing things or there now..

In my first post, I was talking about making the breakage timer run whether you stay in the lava or not. The moment you touch lava or fire with it on, the item begins entrophy. This represents stress on items as they cool, or age poorly. Was this why you wanted? Sounded like you wanted the timer to run only while you're in the lava but the timer lasts about the time it takes the average Steve to get out of the average pit of lava? Same end result for both ideas, single use. :)

• skuser you did read that alblaka is already going to make a hazard suit right?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• What about if it protects you without penalty when you are no more than waist deep, but as a trade off you can't sprint. What if you wear it too long after you get out of the lava, steve's bottom half turns to an obsidian block. :-p Just throwing things or there now..

In my first post, I was talking about making the breakage timer run whether you stay in the lava or not. The moment you touch lava or fire with it on, the item begins entrophy. This represents stress on items as they cool, or age poorly. Was this why you wanted? Sounded like you wanted the timer to run only while you're in the lava but the timer lasts about the time it takes the average Steve to get out of the average pit of lava? Same end result for both ideas, single use. :)

That was my original plan, but that sounds cool/better.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• skuser you did read that alblaka is already going to make a hazard suit right?

Yes, but that hazard suit won't be made of stretchy pink spandex to make steve's bootay pop. We're talking about something different. We're talking about something a whole lot hotter. We're talking about something trendier. Something more slimming in the right places, and curvier in the other places. We're talking about single use hotpants. Bring the 80s back baby!!

Also, I expect the hazard suit will do a lot of things this doesn't, will be a full suit, last longer, and cost a lot more. If you check out the OPs intent, he doesn't want to protect from cave spider venom, or have any overheated reactor protection.. Two qualities which no self respecting hazard suit should be without.

• Yes, but that hazard suit won't be made of stretchy pink spandex to make steve's bootay pop. We're talking about something different. We're talking about something a whole lot hotter. We're talking about something trendier. Something more slimming in the right places, and curvier in the other places. We're talking about single use hotpants. Bring the 80s back baby!!

O_o
    Scary vision is scary...

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5