Setting up machines with overclockers?

• Im trying to figure out what would be a good setup. Im hoping to get some suggestions on doing things a little differently then what i am so i can run more then 1 machine at a time.

Current setup is kinda like this

1MV array+6LV array+2 panels -->MFSU-->MVT-->MFE-->LVT--> Machines, 3 macerators, 1 extractor, compressor, 2 electric furnaces.

Each machine has 5 overclockers, but if im running more then 1 or 2 machines. Its too much for my power input. Now i know ill need more arrays, but i know i sould be doing something different. Like upgrading the machines EU input tier and setting up some kinda array with my MFSU/MFE/Transformers. Just not sure whats optimal. Anyone have some suggestions on what works good? I want to maximize the speed of the machines as much as i can without have to have a crap ton of solar. Just looking for some tips/suggestions or even some youtube links.

• i can say what i have
    Nuclear power -> 3mfsu wich all are connected to my machines and each machine has about 12 upgrades also i use 2 transformer upgrades in each

• i can say what i have
    Nuclear power -> 3mfsu wich all are connected to my machines and each machine has about 12 upgrades also i use 2 transformer upgrades in each

So i should just apply 2 transformer upgrades in them and run everything out of my my mfsu?

• yeah, those overclockers really change the dynamics of power supply. Assuming you have enough power production from your panels etc, it is an issue of supplying enough power to each machine.

There are several solutions to this, all revolve around increased storage and/or increased availability of power, such as using MV instead of LV to name one.

Firstly you need to look at how often your machines are operating. If you have them running almost all the time, you need to spend more resources making sure the required energy is available.

Lets start off with a low volume system, infrequently used. Your best bet would be to put in plenty of storage upgrades, with 10K EUs per upgrade, they are pretty awesome to use. I like them anyways.

If that doesn't work for you, you need to split your machines up more. rather than having 4 or more machines per batbox, make it more like 2 or even 1 machine per batbox, transferring your storage to extra batboxes and making more of the output of 32EU/t available per machine (16EU/t or 32EU, compared to 8EU/t average per machine)

If however, your system requires larger throughput, extra storage on or just before the machines will not cut it, as the storage will deplete and then the input from batboxes won't be enough.

Now it is time for an upgrade, as I think you might need. MV will most probably work I would think, having 9 machines. I would recommend splitting your machines into being fed off of 2 MFEs rather than 1. Just to make it slightly more reliable. don't forget to add the transformer upgrades first before you add the power.

if you want to marry up your supply and demand even better go through this page of the wiki: http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…title=Overclocker_upgrade

It is quite detailed on efficiencies and power consumption vrs production.

To be honest, I have not found a requirement to use HV on machines, I always much prefer to increase the number of machines and save power (more EUs to go into the Mass fab :D ) Yeah, sure, use it, but it is slight overkill, unless you only want one machine of each type and are feeding them the product of a quarry or three.

goodluck

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)