Support: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException on 1.95

• It doesn't because the server gets no errors. The server runs perfectly fine. The console shows the standard startup and such, notes when I log in, and when I get disconnected. That's it. I can post the console log if you want, but there's no info there that I can see.

Log is too long to post the whole thing, but here's the end of it. Everything before is just the mods being loaded and there are no errors at all.

[INFO] Forge Mod Loader load complete, 22 mods loaded
    [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    [INFO] Default game type: 0
    [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1
    [INFO] Preparing start region for level -1
    [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 16%
    [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 93%
    [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 73%
    [INFO] Done (3.787s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    [FINE] [EE2] Loaded EE2-IC2 Addon
    [FINE] [EE2] Loaded EE2-RP2 Core Addon
    [FINE] [EE2] Loaded EE2-Forestry Addon
    [FINE] [EE2] Loaded EE2-RP2 Core Addon
    [FINE] [EE2] Loaded EE2-RP2 World Addon
    [FINER] Railcraft Buildcraft Module {0}: Buildcraft Detected, creating Tank Cart and Liquid Loader recipes.
    [FINER] Railcraft IC2 Module {0}: IC2 Detected, creating MFE Cart and Energy Loader recipes.
    [INFO] Marafice_Eye [/127.0.0.1:64065] logged in with entity id 168 at (-531.34375, 68.0, -779.125)
    [INFO] Marafice_Eye joined with: [CodeChickenCore 0.5.2, ModLoaderMp 1.2.5v1, MinecraftForge 3.1.2.94, NotEnoughItems 1.2.2, BuildCraftCore 2.2.14, BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.14, BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.14, BuildCraftFactory 2.2.14, BuildCraftTransport 2.2.14, EE 1.4.4.0, Forestry 1.4.4.2, IC2 v1.95, Railcraft 5.0.3, RedPowerControl 2.0pr5, RedPowerCore 2.0pr5, RedPowerLighting 2.0pr5, RedPowerLogic 2.0pr5, RedPowerMachine 2.0pr5, RedPowerWiring 2.0pr5, RedPowerWorld 2.0pr5, TwilightForest 1.8.1, WirelessRedstoneCore 1.2.0, WirelessRedstoneRedPower 1.2.0, WirelessRedstoneAddons 1.2.0]
    [INFO] Marafice_Eye lost connection: disconnect.genericReason

• the console should have [IC2] sent x bytes messages

Redownloaded and tried again, still nothing. I do launch the server using the server.jar should I be doing it a different way to get the console to display what you're looking for?

• Using this fix i get the followings:

client crash:

server log:

• I can confirm this. Exactly the same errormessage here.

• I obviously need the console output of client and server together to compare it, same time, same player, ...

Mine is basicly the same. The one hour difference is the timezone between my pc and the server, and the 5 min difference is because no ntp on the server. Only I use this test server. If you need more logs, please advise me how to get.

• I obviously need the console output of client and server together to compare it, same time, same player, ...

I know, didn't have time to do some debugging until now. The error i'm getting is basicly the same but i believe i have some more detailed logs now

client:

server log in the next post

• serverlog

EDIT:

I don't know if this is any help but this problem seems to have something to do with serverload / clientload maybe. Every now and then i'm able to connect and while connecting the clientlog starts with the same exeption error as mentioned in the previous post but after a while it seems to get into sync and then it starts with these messages:

====> part of client log <======
    [IC2] received 86 bytes
    [IC2] received 74 bytes
    [IC2] received 86 bytes
    [IC2] received 97 bytes
    [IC2] received 52 bytes
    [IC2] received 923 bytes
    [IC2] received 83 bytes
    [IC2] received 78 bytes
    [IC2] received 3933 bytes

I believe this is how it should be :)

• Official Post

Hrm your server log has way more sent packets than the client received. That might mean that there were multiple clients or we have some serious packet corruption.

Ideally you should see identical output on both server and client consoles = identical packet size, packet order and amount of packets.

Please upload the full output somewhere, just the error parts aren't enough.

• Found the full client log, but it contains the same amount of data as before...

client

server

it would seem that we are having a different issue now? i mean me and

jaap81

• I used the minecrafterrortest.bat from the SDK's mods page. You can find the batch script here

I'm not sure if it contains more advanced logging then the logfile but at least it logs to a dosbox realtime so it's more easy to see whats happening in the background while you start minecraft and when you login...

Indeed the issues seem to be not entirely the same. I do not really see an error message on the serverside... only

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

and then an

disconnect.genericReason

Also i figured out that logging on while it's night-time on the server seems to work most of the time.. when i then change the time to daytime i have no troubles whatsoever. but then, when i disconnect and try to connect again it seems to crash..

• Player , Ok, here are the full logfiles. I had to upload them because they don't fit in the spoilertags:

First, a session in nighttime. This is where the log starts with errors but after a while it seems to get in sync and i'm able to play for a while:

nighttime errorlog client http://japs.homeip.net/minecraft/client-error-night.txt
    nighttime errorlog server http://japs.homeip.net/minecraft/server-error-night.txt

Also, an errorlog during daytime. This is where the games crashes almost instantly with the same error as mentioned by @kosztyuaThe server keeps sending packages for a while until the session times out

daytime errorlog client http://japs.homeip.net/minecraft/client-error-day.txt
    daytime errorlog server http://japs.homeip.net/minecraft/server-error-day.txt

I hope this is of use to you and hopefully you are able to fix it! Can't wait to start playing ;)

• We have the same error and have tried to narrow it down.

Being a very new user to IC2, we do not have hardly anything running with it yet.
    3 Mercs, 2 Base generators, 2 electric furnaces, 1 batbox.

While my session was ok, my wife's kept crashing with this error.
    I removed all fuel from the generators, and waited until the machine fully shutdown.
    Once fully off, my wife's session worked just fine for a couple of hours.

Then She restarted the machine and logged off... Now neither of us can get back in the game.

From the other posts, sounds like a power generation issue.

Hope this helps!!

• No redstone, nuclear reactor caused the same issue multiple times. Approach cut me off at ~110 blocks away. turning it to night allowed me to approach finally. this time I had two terraformers hooked up.

EDIT: Nighttime isn't 100% fix it seems. This time with a nuclear reactor and ~20 geothermal gens. :(

so now im locked out of the area completely. :(

• i am also getting the same thing... updated from 1.1 to 1.2.5. once i join i get the brick screen then black..

client:

server:

• Ok player, here are my logs of doom.

Modloader's initialization (client)

The original crash (the official 1.9.5, not the one you posted)

Client crash for the 1.9.5 that you posted.

And the server's output to match the second client crash

Also, I signed into my server as an anonymous player and was able to move around for a while. It didn't die when I was around Trade-o-mats and wind turbines, there may have been other stuff, but I don't know that base's layout too well. I don't think it died until it "saw" my power room (solar panels, batboxes, mfe, LV and MV transformer, lava generator, reg. generator and chest of charcoal).

*EDIT*

Logs from my time running around as an anonymous player.

• Hrm your server log has way more sent packets than the client received. That might mean that there were multiple clients or we have some serious packet corruption.

Ideally you should see identical output on both server and client consoles = identical packet size, packet order and amount of packets.

Please upload the full output somewhere, just the error parts aren't enough.

I noticed on my setup that the server continued to send packets after Minecraft went to a black screen, until the minecraft client is fully closed.