Looking for proficent IC2/RP Engineer(s) or Coder(s)

• Hello everyone,

I am here looking for one or two proficient redstone engineers or coders for a server that will be launched soon. The server is based off the game "Space Station 13" and is going to have mods running to make it replicate the gameplay as close as possible to the BYOND version. If you aren't familiar with Space Station 13, then I will steal this summary from an old post.

Space Station 13 is a light-roleplay space station "simulator" that runs on the less-than-amazing Byond 2D game platform. The game, in principle, is about keeping the station running and the crew alive while dealing with murderous traitors, haywire artificial intelligences, mutinous revolutions, and a slew of other random events that in all likelihood can and will happen.

In practice, it's about stealing high-access ID cards and making hats out of your enemies' asses while grinding the captain into a pubbie-meat hamburger (by the way, doing this will either get you banned or adminned).

Anyway, this project has been alive the past six months and it's reached a phase where we need to start adding the different station systems. (auxillary power, computers, alarms, airlocks, firelocks, etc.) Some of the mods we plan on using are, RP, IC2, CC, BC, and bukkit. Although, we do plan on disabling a lot of stuff because there are parts that will not fit the theme of the server. As for the station itself, it's based and built using this image of the BYOND version,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42307676/junk/ss13.jpg

The conversion to Minecraft required that the map size to be bigger so there would be enough space for furniture, wiring, lighting, etc. so the map was built to x3 scale. The picture provided has a ~100 tile diamater, and the minecraft map that we are using has a ~300 block diameter to give you an indication of size. Since the picture was in 2D, an appropriate z-axis hull was added so that it withstands blasts and can be used to link different rooms power systems together without becoming an obstacle in the main hallways and hindering movement.

The website for the project is: http://minecraft-spacestation13.weebly.com/
    If you are interested please visit the "staff" section and fill out an application. :)

And big kudos to the IC2 team for developing such an awesome mod! :love:

• I used to play SS13 a lot =). While I consider myself quite good in what you are seeking I'm not a valid candidate for the fact that I tend to drop projects pretty often (I usually restart working on them months later), so I will not propose myself =P. I have few questions about this project: in SS13 there are different roles (aka jobs) you can fit in each round, are you going to implement them? If so, how would you do things like the scientist and chemist? There would be mechanics like wet floor, poop and the pull from the free space? Are you going to remove things like the different Z-levels? I love what you are doing and I'm interested if and how you are going to add to minecraft all the complicated features offered by SS13. I have a suggestion about the classes: could be possible to handle them like Dwarfs Vs Zombies does? (check it on youtube, is a "game mode" made with bukkit).

I apologize for my English.

ps: Donut 2 Station FTW!

• I have few questions about this project: in SS13 there are different roles (aka jobs) you can fit in each round, are you going to implement them?

Yes we are. There will be ID's for assignments and armor/skins designating a players role.

If so, how would you do things like the scientist and chemist?

Well chemist should be rather easy if you give them access to potions. Scientist might be more tricky, because we are going to have to make the research programs using CC.

There would be mechanics like wet floor, poop and the pull from the free space?

Wet floor will be tricky to implement. Poop is planned to be throwable and able to stain floors. As for the pull, the station is encased in water that is going to represent the void of space. We hope to reverse the water flow mechanic so that when there is a hull breach that the water will suck you out, instead of pushing you away.

Are you going to remove things like the different Z-levels?

You mean like russian station? No we don't, but they won't be built until the main station is working/ready.

I love what you are doing and I'm interested if and how you are going to
    add to minecraft all the complicated features offered by SS13.

Some features are going to be impossible to add, like heating plasma to 50,000 Celsius. Others such as the singularity, requires some creative thinking. We plan to use spawn an enderdragon if the singularity is released which will1-hit kills anyone it touches.

That Pic is huge (3.64 MB!!!), you should/must post just a link to it instead of the Pic itself!!!

Haha, sorry? :D