pumps: i little help

• the pump seems to drain most of the lava when attached to a miner but then it doesint drain the non-source blocks which is weird(doesint non-source block suppose to disappear if the source block disappears?). and ofc my miner stops at the non-source lava which is annoying. i also am not getting ANY diamonds whats so ever from my miners despite changing its location 6 times. any tips?

• Ok, let's try this again... bloody unhelpful forum software doesn't quote the post being replied to, it seems...

So yes, the pumps in IC2 don't consider the flowing lava or water as actual resources since a fair few versions ago. This was done to prevent infinite lava being pumped into goethermal powerplants from a single lava block. Only static, non-flowing lava and water gets gathered, so the best thing to do (assuming you can get to the problem) is drop some sand into the flowing lava and let the miner drill through it. Should work fine after that.

As for the diamonds, could just be bad luck. You don't always find loads in random spots, it's possibly better to go hunting for them in caverns yourself. More fun that way too! :D

GENERATION SIGMA-A44: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 4(N+3/2 - X) to the generation.

Anti-Social experiment.

• Diamonds generate only once per chunk (16*16), and miner range is 5*5 (for OD scanner) or 9*9 (for OV scanner).
    And flowing lava disappear after some (usually long) time, but it would be great if pump could delete flowing lava.