[1.95b Bug? ] Plants With Growth Stats 24 and Above Will Automatically Double As Weed

• Is this an intended feature or a very fatal mod bug? This is in SMP.

Server-side mods used:
    - IC2 1.95b
    - Forge 3.1.3.105

That's all.

Those Stickreeds has stats of 24/1/1

ALL the plants have 100% Weed-EX status.

Tell me this is not some kind of cruel joke by Albaka.

• I want to say its intentional because its been around since before 1.2.5 version if IC². I had to build my farms that house high level plants specifically with this in mind so they don't spawn grass randomly around each other.

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Life the universe and everything.

• That's... so... rigged... This feature is so useless and counter-productive...

Thanks for the info.

By the way good sir, I saw your amazing thread about how you made all plants 31/31/31. Congratulations. Please teach me how to crossbreed them for higher stats without the crossbreed sticks yielding weeds.

• By the way good sir, I saw your amazing thread about how you made all plants 31/31/31. Congratulations. Please teach me how to crossbreed them for higher stats without the crossbreed sticks yielding weeds.

Thank you ^^
    The short answer is you can't crossbreed without getting weeds its just how the system works. Even weed-ex won't save your crossed section from weeds showing up but you can save newly sprouted plants with one click of weed-ex I just don't recommend it unless you're having a lot of issues with the plant getting overgrown.

Some things that helped me.
    - Build a farm at the highest elevation you can
    - the farm should be in swampland (if you use rei's minimap build it in the area of solid swampland as devoid of rivers as possible they don't count as swampland)
    - use the cropmatron in 9x9 area patches the water being the center one with the cropmatron one above the ground.
    - secure a power source for it and a means to make hydration cells + fertilizer
    - set it up with the pattern I show below (if you want it just worked well for me particularly)
    - babysit your crops weed-ex is bad (for my purposes)
    - try to balance out the stats early on so you can get an even flow of gains (gain > growth > resistance in order of importance to me)
    - have 3 blocks of dirt under each crop minimum if ferru use the iron ore block then 3 dirt under the crop not counting the farmland block. (I generally just use 4 in all situations so I can swap out things if I want)

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Life the universe and everything.

• Amazing configuration. So basically crops bred with the 24++ Growth plants will have a chance to yield weed instead of normal crops even when you Weed-EX it?

Can the weed that sprout from the crossbreeding stick kill the 24++ Growth plant?

Please teach me how to improve Gain on plants. Everytime I breed plants, they tend to just increase Growth and nothing else.

• Amazing configuration. So basically crops bred with the 24++ Growth plants will have a chance to yield weed instead of normal crops even when you Weed-EX it?

Can the weed that sprout from the crossbreeding stick kill the 24++ Growth plant?

Please teach me how to improve Gain on plants. Everytime I breed plants, they tend to just increase Growth and nothing else.

24 - x - 24

The x will yield weeds many times before sprouting a proper plant and if the weeds remain it can kill the two 24 growth plants too higher resistance makes this take longer but it will occur if left unattended.

Even when you have a sprouted 24 growth (depends on its stats) between 2 other known 24's it may still kill the other originals which is where weed-ex may come in handy occasionally again depending on res levels. you'd put it on the two which were crossing to make a new one and the new one if you want but I try not to use the stuff.

I want to call stat gains random but they may turn out not to be and I have no proof one way or the other aside from they seemed random when I was gaining them. Brute force and waiting for the change you want is really all you need to get growth and resistance + stats. Not taking loss to stats is important too since you'll go in circles if you let that happen. Although the stats do depend on the current stats of both plants so if you're using 24-1-1 x 24-1-1 you're going to probably get growth gains as its the strongest stat which is why I said make them more even to start with.

• I see. That makes things extremely hard, seeing that the parents 24Gr+ plant can also get override by the child weed plant.

By the way, why do you earlier on your previous post said that babysitting plants with Weed-EX is bad? I thought Weed-EX is essential?

• Weed-ex if overused will reduce stats on harvest of the plant its sprayed onto. I don't know the amount you need to put on to overuse it so I generally avoid the stuff as much as possible letting things grow as they may. If you're fine with the parent plants losing stats and only want to rely on the child then spray only the parents (I'd only go with once but I'm not familiar with how weed-ex works or how long it lasts) As long as you kill the weeds when they appear you should be fine unless you get unlucky and have a parent or child of a 24 get taken over which doesn't happen too often if your resistance is on par with the other stats so if you're doing 24 growth 24 gain 24 resistance you'll likely have your plants stay fine but if you use your 24-1-1 it has a very high chance of just dying any moment if next to a 24 growth child.