BUG: Batpack and Armor

• I noticed something odd about my armor I was wearing just now.

For the durability of my armor remaining, it would seem I have a VERY low protection rating. A set of Iron armor would never look like this.

Removing and re-equiping the armor had no effect, but removing the batpack increases the protection rating to a more normal value. Is this intended? Is the batpack supposed to make your armor less effective? From the wiki I just assumed that it would not provide the protection wearing a chest piece would. As it stands, wearing any armor with a batpack is pretty pointless.

EDIT: Additionally, I noticed that charging the batpack increases the protection value. Now I know this has to be a bug.

Charged Batpack:

No Batpack:

Installed Mods:

Modloader.txt:

• Im pretty sure neither jetpacks nor batpacks function as armor, and do not actually effect how much reduction you get.(have you actually tested the damage?) They actually have such a large value simply to make the armor bar work as a very useful *power bar* until (hopefully) such a time as we have a *real* power bar.

• Official Post

Sadlys, the "render armor bar" functions is entirely independant from the "calculate armor for damage" code.
    Jetpacks & Batpacks do not work as armor (though they get damaged if you get damaged, but they will not absorb any damage) and will immensely bug the armor bar. Ignore it if you're wearing any of them

• Sadlys, the "render armor bar" functions is entirely independant from the "calculate armor for damage" code.
    Jetpacks & Batpacks do not work as armor (though they get damaged if you get damaged, but they will not absorb any damage) and will immensely bug the armor bar. Ignore it if you're wearing any of them

I'm sorry (maybe ?...) to tell you that batpack do influence damage taken...
    I haven't tried whit armor (without chest) and depleted batpack, but taking a minium falling damage (4 meters) whit full batpack and little damaged iron set do 0 hearth while ,if i remove the batpack, it does half of a hearth ... (tried a couple time in a row, so no, the armor didnt took enough damage to change any value)

EDIT : Tried first scenario and gave me no fall damage, so i guessed that means that batpack has a fixed armor value ^^