Anybody know how to make a redstone-timed nuclear reactor?

• I've been searching around on the youtubes and the googles and I can't seem to find a redstone design tutorial for a nuclear reactor timer. Well, for vanilla minecraft redstone, that is. I've found tons of redpower tuts but I'm looking for something harder. Anyone interested in finding out how to make a reactor run for several seconds and then shutting down for several minutes automatically, probably using a latch or repeater clock? Or is there already a tutorial or diagram?

• I've been searching around on the youtubes and the googles and I can't seem to find a redstone design tutorial for a nuclear reactor timer. Well, for vanilla minecraft redstone, that is. I've found tons of redpower tuts but I'm looking for something harder. Anyone interested in finding out how to make a reactor run for several seconds and then shutting down for several minutes automatically, probably using a latch or repeater clock? Or is there already a tutorial or diagram?

step 1: Install redpower.

step 2: Use redpower.

Step 3: You have now conquered redstone.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• step 1: Install redpower.

step 2: Use redpower.

Step 3: You have now conquered redstone.

Damn. So now I have to make a whole new add-on to my texture pack so i can have a safe, automatic, aesthetcially pleasing reactor? Lame. I'm not even quite done with IC. How time-consuming is it to make a redpower texture pack add-on?

• Damn. So now I have to make a whole new add-on to my texture pack so i can have a safe, automatic, aesthetcially pleasing reactor? Lame. I'm not even quite done with IC. How time-consuming is it to make a redpower texture pack add-on?

very.
    my advice, use tex pack for whatever AND normal redpower textures! Its not like having normal redpower texture will kill u.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Its definitely possible to make an automatic control for your reactor with normal redstone. I can develope a design for you. But first you have to tell me, what do you exactly mean with automatic control.

I dont want to use Redpower, unless its less lagier than normal redstone.

• very.
    my advice, use tex pack for whatever AND normal redpower textures! Its not like having normal redpower texture will kill u.

well I am making a Robot Utopia tex pack with support for industrialcraft. I'm in the process of building a survival demo world and I want the pack to be ready by Robot Day on July 10th. I want my demo world to have a consistent, aesthetically pleasing look so it looks like I'll have no choice but to make redpower support if I want to include it.

• Alright, nevermind! After some investigation and research it looks like I will be making redpower support for my texture pack! I no longer need the plans for those vanilla redstone nuclear designs. Thanks for the help, though!