[suggestion]stackable tools and stuff to make a compressor in to a tool factory

• Names: (axe, pickaxe, shovel, hoe, sword, wrench)stamping die, tool capsule

Description: ok so the idea is to slightly automate the production of vanilla tools with a stamping die equipped compressor(the stamping die goes in the upgrade slot). what the stamping die does is when you throw in a bronze block(not a ingot but a block) the compressor will turn that block into a stack of tool capsules(explained later) so a pickaxe stamp will make 3 picks or sword stamp will make 4 swords(lost materials are assumed to go into the handles). the tool capsule is like a sealed box from the factory they can stack but once opened there is no turning back. the tool capsule is opened by right clicking just like with a scrapbox. only metal tools(and possibly armor) can be stamped out wood, stone, leather, and diamond are not malleable enough.

recipe:
    stamping dies,
    the iron tool (or maybe diamond) surrounded by refined iron

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

Edited once, last by passinglurker ().

• i don't use forestry care to explain how it works?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

http://forestry.sengir.net/wik…php?n=Items.BronzePickaxe This explains pretty everthing about the pickaxe. [Shovel acts the same way as pickaxe but for shovel blocks obviously, also shovel when you repair it you recover all bronze]

• yeah i guess but with gold, iron, and ic2 bronze blocks instead, oh and no sticks, and it uses ic2 power(good for those who don't use bc), and throw in stamping armor to make it a little more different. this would also be extra beneficial to gold because technically its the fastest working tool it just has crappy durability

• you might want to have a doctor look at that stutter

any way this simply opens up an alternate playing style that's more about using cheap mass produced stuff over powerful hand crafted stuff. and if that's not your style then you can just sell the tool capsules to noobs who don't have drills yet. or have a stack in you back pocket just in case you run out of power

• Official Post

Those would be emergency tools, used only in extreme cases then?
    Sorry but i make a drill in first 15 minutes of gameplay.
    Instead i would like an Industrial Backpack, to carry extra tools inside. (If toolbox worked like a backpack, rightclick to open a GUI, it would be PERFECT)

• you mean the tool box..

that no one uses..

or remembers even exists...

also stamped out armor you normally don't have electric armor within the first 15minutes of play

EDIT:dang why did you edit you spoiled my joke

• Official Post

I hardly die due mobs,enviroment in MC even without any armor, as i usually do strip mining (and there is usually no space for mob spawn)
    {i want toolbox work as minibackpacks for tools [9 slots, fits only IC/vanilla tools]}

Edit: i edited a bit before you posted, so sorry :D

• like i said "for alternate playing styles"

what is useless to you is useful to others

• Official Post

Well, thats like : Solar is (completely) useless to me, not for others. Wind is perfect to me, hard as hell to set efficiently to others.

If that tool would be used by many, i would approve it. But People prefer Electric tools instead. (I even suggested an Iridium tool that lasted forever, and had same strength as RP gem tool)

• Toolbox isn't that bad... But the way alblaka implemented them >.>, even though i remember there where some people suggesting better ways to handle it.

I used them but then there was that annoying bug that would crash your game when you made the mistake of using the toolbox with the 9 slots of the hotbar full.

• my comments about the toolbox was a joke

how about cell and bucket stamping dies for tin blocks?

or wire dies for ingots?