Minecraft Crashes!

• When the mojang screen came up, it froze and then this popped up:

Mods loaded: 2
    ModLoader 1.2.5
    mod_IC2 v1.95

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 16c37b57 --------
    Generated 6/30/12 5:10 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.6.0_33, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1808, Intel

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ic2.common.ItemIC2.setNoRepair()Lyr;
    at ic2.common.ItemIC2.<init>(ItemIC2.java:28)
    at ic2.common.ItemResin.<init>(ItemResin.java:24)
    at mod_IC2.load(mod_IC2.java:226)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:891)
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
    at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:273)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 7a7452c5 ----------

If this problem has been fixed, show me the steps. Btw, I don't understand if I should del both META-INF files because they didn't specify. ( now that I look at it, the LWJGL is 1.2.4) Please comment!

CREEPERS FOREVER!!

i--------

I--------

!--------

• Backup your saves if you want to, force update, delete the old version of IC2, download the newest one(1.97), install MinecraftForge 3.3.7.135 (or 3.3.7.140 if you're going to install other mods) by dropping its files to minecraft.jar, delete meta-inf, then drop IC2 to mods folder. You don't need modloader.

• I did that and it still didn't work. tw, my friend sent me the jar with the latest versions of buildcraft and industrialcraft 2, he forgot to delete the META-INF in the Ic2 jar which should activate it, I also use toomanyitems to confirm modloader, i tried to force update around 3 times and use backups of the correct version. I played around with it and found out how to fix the updating minecraft freezing bug. Maybe it's the playing around part... if I force update, I lose the fix and have to do it again. Also, the BC3creator said that you need modloader to use Buildcraft 3 properly.

CREEPERS FOREVER!!

i--------

I--------

!--------

Edited 3 times, last by Creepz: Testing timezone. ().

• You were saying? I managed to load BC3, IC2 v1.97, RP2, Inv tweaks, dusts mod and countless addonds without modloader with forge 3.3.7.140. on the first try. The pics are from the same installation. And why on earth are you deleting the meta-inf inside IC2 jar? You only delete it from the original minecraft.jar before you install any mods.

This time, try with a fresh install, delete the whole .minecraft folder. Run MC once to generate the folder again. Delete the Meta-inf and then install forge 3.3.7.140. to the minecraft.jar just like modloader(but don't install modloader). Run minecraft once for the mods folder to generate. Drop the mods into the .mods folder. Done.

• You were saying? I managed to load BC3, IC2 v1.97, RP2, Inv tweaks, dusts mod and countless addonds without modloader with forge 3.3.7.140. on the first try. The pics are from the same installation. And why on earth are you deleting the meta-inf inside IC2 jar? You only delete it from the original minecraft.jar before you install any mods.

This time, try with a fresh install, delete the whole .minecraft folder. Run MC once to generate the folder again. Delete the Meta-inf and then install forge 3.3.7.140. to the minecraft.jar just like modloader(but don't install modloader). Run minecraft once for the mods folder to generate. Drop the mods into the .mods folder. Done.

CREEPERS FOREVER!!

i--------

I--------

!--------

• Yep... I tried your way, and I got nothing. No mods were showing they worked. Forge doesn't have ModLoader because it Toomanyitems didn't work. They were new files and the jar was force updated. It runs like vannila.

CREEPERS FOREVER!!

i--------

I--------

!--------

• Official Post

Yep... I tried your way, and I got nothing. No mods were showing they worked. Forge doesn't have ModLoader because it Toomanyitems didn't work. They were new files and the jar was force updated. It runs like vannila.

TMI doesnt work with the newest Forge, try to use NEI.

• WhenI justlooked at the Forge download, it said: download modloader. If it had modloader, why do I need to not download it?

CREEPERS FOREVER!!

i--------

I--------

!--------

• Minecraftforge didn't have a built-in modloader before the 3.3.7.134 update. However I'm not certain that it works with every mod that requires the normal modloader, but using forge dependant mods you should be just fine. If you're having troubles installing TMI use NEI(notenoughitems) instead, TMI is ancient anyway. Other troubles, LOGS or it didn't happen. P.S forge 3.3.8.152 works with IC2 without any trouble.