[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• Hey Immibis, is this mod dead or alive? I'd rather use this than thunderdark's version, as thunderdarks version generates ores.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• It's not completely dead - I'll still be updating it for 1.5, etc.
    I haven't added anything for a while since I've been working on other stuff.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Just figured I'd say, I absolutely love your version over thunderdark's. Idea of forcium is...well. I won't say. But I don't like it.
    Thanks for continuing to work on this.

• Yes, please keep alive, I prefer it also. I don't think new features are needed, it's a "well developed, matured" mod ;) many thanks for your efforts with it.

• 52.0.5:

• Removed some code that caused rare crashes when opening GUIs, and didn't seem to do anything useful.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Is Advanced Repulsion Systems compatible with IC2 advanced machines mod?

I get the following error on my client when I attempt to run the mod

I understand that the ID conflicts I can fix myself but I thought as the mod developer you might like to see these error reports anyways even though the ID conflict is not your fault.

• I also get the same error when I attempt to run the mod on my server

In both situations the only change was the repulsion systems mod and if I remove the mod everything works again.

Thank you for making this mod and hopefully this helps you.

• @above2: That's ID conflicts. Fix 'em yourself.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• A question and three Ideas.
    first the question, will tubes work through force fields? so if I have a BC pipe or RP2 Tube will the items I send down them be blocked by the field? I wouldn't think they would but you never know.

ok now the ideas. what about a way to bring back the feature of how a tube field could tunnel through other force fields, but instead have it as a force field network. basically have a "network" upgrade block. and generator with a network upgrade will turn on and off together, they can piggy back on power(do a bit of a power daisy chain), and only they can penetrate each other. so if you wanted to have two area generator linked together you could(so you can have a larger area or to give it a closer shape), and you could have one power core that would power both of them, and the "primary" one that is linked to the power is the only one that needs redstone and it would activate both of them, and then the shield wall that both of them would have wouldn't exist but the exterior walls would still be there. I don't know how hard that would be to code or implement but it would be nice if you have a big base or a weird shaped one that you want to protect.

the second idea is for a "full shield" upgrade (I couldn't think of a better name). basically it would be like from star trek how when the shields were on full power no one could transport in or out. so a shield with this upgrade would block people from teleporting in or out (but internal teleportation would work, also here I am talking about the IC2 teleporters not using server commands). IDK how hard that would be to code but still it would make sense.

the last idea is more of a trap shield. it would be like a area field but it would deploy next to the generator not around it. it would just be a fun way to mess with people or to defuse a nuclear trap (by neutralizing the issue). to prevent it from being OP and used for grieffing it might have to have a small range limit and a time limit (so you could trap someone but only for a short amount of time before the generator burns out and it has to be replaced or something).

Thanks love the mod. even though I usually play single player it's just really cool to have a force field.

• What is the Loot Collector and how do we use them?

It's an upgrade for Industrial Tesla Coils. If they zap an item on the ground, normally it would be destroyed. If there's a loot collector with the filter (arrow slot) set to that item, then instead the item it zapped will be moved to that loot collector's inventory.

A question and three Ideas.
    first the question, will tubes work through force fields? so if I have a BC pipe or RP2 Tube will the items I send down them be blocked by the field? I wouldn't think they would but you never know.

Force fields are blocks. If you have a pipe through a forcefield, the pipe will make a 1-block hole in the forcefield. If you destroy the pipe the forcefield might take a moment to fill in that block - larger forcefields will take longer. This applies for any block that's in the way of a force field.

ok now the ideas. what about a way to bring back the feature of how a tube field could tunnel through other force fields, but instead have it as a force field network. basically have a "network" upgrade block. and generator with a network upgrade will turn on and off together, they can piggy back on power(do a bit of a power daisy chain), and only they can penetrate each other. so if you wanted to have two area generator linked together you could(so you can have a larger area or to give it a closer shape), and you could have one power core that would power both of them, and the "primary" one that is linked to the power is the only one that needs redstone and it would activate both of them, and then the shield wall that both of them would have wouldn't exist but the exterior walls would still be there. I don't know how hard that would be to code or implement but it would be nice if you have a big base or a weird shaped one that you want to protect.

Like MFFS's field fusion upgrade? That's an idea that'll be added eventually.

the second idea is for a "full shield" upgrade (I couldn't think of a better name). basically it would be like from star trek how when the shields were on full power no one could transport in or out. so a shield with this upgrade would block people from teleporting in or out (but internal teleportation would work, also here I am talking about the IC2 teleporters not using server commands). IDK how hard that would be to code but still it would make sense.

It might not be practical to detect players teleporting in and out of shields, as it'd have to check their location each tick and whether they're in a field or not. It would also stop them from walking through gaps in the field.

the last idea is more of a trap shield. it would be like a area field but it would deploy next to the generator not around it. it would just be a fun way to mess with people or to defuse a nuclear trap (by neutralizing the issue). to prevent it from being OP and used for grieffing it might have to have a small range limit and a time limit (so you could trap someone but only for a short amount of time before the generator burns out and it has to be replaced or something).

Craft an MFD, set it to offset mode, right-click on the projector.

Battery snot included.

• Hey, could you please add in some recipes to convert any projector back to its core? That way, if people make mistakes, or want a different system, they can do so :)

Also, in the tutorial, please add the fact that each projector requires some redstone dust to be connected, I was trying to get it to work for about 20 minutes...

• Found a minor graphical glitch:

When an Enderman opens its mouth you can see straight through a force field.
    v52.0.4 Tekkit Lite 0.5.7 (MC 1.4.7)

• How do I program the industrial tesla coil to attack all players except for ones with a gold sword?

Welcome to the IndustrialCraft 2 forums!

It's in the Industrial Tesla Coil description. Use a Item Detection Filter with a gold sword, pass the signal through a programmable filter with only an invert token, and then pass the signal to the coil.

• Anasky: Ok.

Meems33: Vanilla bug, does the same thing affect water and ice?

Phoenix the Meh: Blame Notch, blazes only drop rods if killed by players.

Eliminator: The "item detector token" item detects dropped items, the "item detection filter" block, detects players who are carrying that item.

52.0.6:

• Changed blank card recipe slightly, so it no longer conflicts with MFFS.
    • Added reverse crafting recipes for projectors.

Battery snot included.