[1.97] Sound cannot be lowered / turned off

• My girlfriend is playing all the time without sound and said today to me that she still hear all the IC² sounds after we updated today to 1.97.
    I tried it myself and i have the same. Even with minecraft sound at 0% i can still here the chainsaw, jetpack etc.

• My girlfriend is playing all the time without sound and said today to me that she still hear all the IC² sounds after we updated today to 1.97.
    I tried it myself and i have the same. Even with minecraft sound at 0% i can still here the chainsaw, jetpack etc.

You'll have to turn off IC2 sounds in the config, there's a long standing problem with the Minecraft sound engine.

• You'll have to turn off IC2 sounds in the config, there's a long standing problem with the Minecraft sound engine.

that is indeed true, minecraft sound engine is very very poorly made, i hope/wish that once 1.4 with the mod API, or even in 1.5 they will re-do the sound system,

you know what also works great? putting 50 machines, lowing MC's RAM to 1GB or 750MB, and then minecraft runs a little lower FPS, so the sounds just derp out.

• Official Post

My girlfriend is playing all the time without sound and said today to me that she still hear all the IC² sounds after we updated today to 1.97.

You can also disable only some sounds you want to by deleting them at the ic2_client.jar/ic2/sounds/