My Automatic Power Meter and Payment System

• It's pretty simple. When power is flowing through the line, the detector cable activates the timer which is set to 250 ms (if it's set too high, and the user uses too little power, the timer might not get to tick before it's deactivated again.) The counter in front of it is set to 9600 to give 40 minutes of power (total power. It doesn't count when the user isn't using any power.) When the counter hits the max, it shuts off the splitter cable, stopping the flow. It also activates the timer which causes the filter to pull an item out of the chest. I have it set to pull uranium. When the item passes through the item detector, it pulses the decrement side of the counter which is also set to 9600, restarting the whole thing. You could set it to cost any item (or items) in the game, and give however much power you want.

So far it seems to be working great.

Note that the repeater is just there because the splitter cable refuses to activate from redwire. It'd work a little better if that bug was fixed.

• Official Post

if it's set too high, and the user uses too little power, the timer might not get to tick before it's deactivated again.

Why not count the pulse, which activates the Timer, too? So you can set it to higher intervalls.

Or better, you need at least one Timertick to shut the Counter off. This can be done, by letting the Timer reset an RS-Latch, which is set by the EU-Detector.

Edit: Now my improved Version:

Intervall(left Timer) = Intervall(right Timer) + 1.4secs; //these 1.4 seconds are due to the slow Coinflow in the Tube
    Left Batbox = Emit if Full
    Middle Batbox = Do not Output Energy
    Right Batbox = Emit if Empty
    That on the left is an AND-Gate and that on the right a Counter
    The LV-Transformer should not be adjacent to the right Batbox, due to Redstonesignals.

Actual settings of the Timers are 2.4 and 1.0 seconds

• Official Post

Just wait for energy-o-mats...

If possible i would like if energy-o-mats payment system is similar to trade-o-mat (player that owns energy sells it for an item, not only IC² coins [which are kinda useless in my opinion])
    If you really want to make a working currency system, make it based on UUM ^^.

• Does this measure power, or time? If I used 1 eu/t for 10 seconds, would it cost as much as using 32 eu/t for 10 seconds?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Does this measure power, or time? If I used 1 eu/t for 10 seconds, would it cost as much as using 32 eu/t for 10 seconds?

If the *average* power going through is 1 eu/t, then it'll measure properly. If they are actually 1 eu/t packets then the measurement will be off. It simply measures the time.