[Suggestion] Taking the machines to the next dimension

• That dimension being the Aether. Recently aether relaunched with full forge support which means all forge mods can work with the aether. Problem is the aether is a different world when it comes to everything. I was thinking of a addon to IC2 that would retool the machines to work in aether. For example, take the macerator and rename it to something that sounds aether-ish, give it a new recipe that takes into account the aether based materials. It would not function outside of aether and could macerate aether based materials for further production. Creating a set of retooled machines would really take it to the next level, but also power has to be addressed. Ambrosia is the aether's version of coal, so a new generator would be required, and possibly re-tooling the solar panels to accept energy from the aether sun would be required. New machines could include a electric incubator for growing moa's and the electric freezer.

I would post more, but I am a rush atm. I could sit down and get more detailed with it.

the mod is located on http://www.facebook.com/AetherMod

and as far as I am aware they are NOT using MC forums at this time to post their mod up.

• This is a cool idea, however it wouldn't be implemented in the actual mod. This would be more of an addon. Plus, there are no metal materials (like iron) in the aether, they're crystals, and wood... Good idea, but hard to implement.

• I was in a rush earlier (went to a local observatory with my telescope to break it in finally). I agree it would have to be built as a addon. As I was waiting on sunset to occur I put more thought into the idea. I was thinking that the crystals could be macerated into a powder, which in turn would be used in recipes. This would open the doors for the electric freezer which would have a slight bonus over the standard freezer. Also, you could macerate holystone into the sand that is in aether (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head). I haven't tested solar energy in aether yet, but even if it did work a new panel (possibly the aether solar array) could be used and it would output say 8EU per tick over the standard 5EU, but it would only function within aether. Another thing I thought of was creating a new windmill (again, only functioning in aether) that would produce a slightly higher base EU over the standard windmill.

I am extremely exhausted right now and I just don't have the energy to build a list, but I will do so after I get off work tomorrow if someone is interested in taking on this addon idea.

• Okay maybe I do have the extra burst of energy lol.

First off the base materials of aether:
    Aether Dirt - no real use in my book other than making bridges
    Holystone - Could be macerated in a aether edition macerator to Quicksoil (x1)
    Ambrosium Ore - macerates into Ambrosium Dust (x1)
    Zanite Ore - macerates into Zanite Dust (x2)
    Gravitite Ore - macerates into Gravitite Dust (x1)
    Skyroot planks - used in place of standard wood planks
    Ice Stone - ???
    Aerclouds (cold, blue, gold, and gel) - compresses it into chunks, possibly for making a new type of energy crystal (tier 1, 2 ,3 power storage)

Machines:
    Name: Sun Macerator
    EU drain per tick: 4
    Duration: 15-20 base (depending on item)

Name: Electric Freezer
    EU drain per tick: 8
    Duration: 15 base

Name: Digital Enchanter
    EU drain per tick: 16
    Duration: 30 base

Name: Electric Incubator
    EU drain per tick: 16
    Duration: 250 base (I am assuming the original version is 300 seconds)

Name: Sky Macerator

Name: Sky Compressor

Name: Sky Generator
    Fuel types allowed: Skyroot, Skyroot Planks, Skyroot Saplings, and Ambrosium
    EU generated per tick: 12 EU
    Total EU per day: 1000-8000 per unit

Name: Sky Energy Array
    Fuel Type: Aether sun
    EU generated per tick: .5 EU
    Total EU per day: 600 per panel

Name: High Altitude Windmill
    Fuel Types: NONE
    EU Generated per tick: 2-6
    Total EU per day: 2400-7200

changing the order of the energy generators would be required. Energy array should be the cheapest and easiest to build, where the H.A. Windmill should be more costly in resources.

• I really dont think this will happen, as it would almost be a whole new mod. It could maybe be a crossover, but it wouldnt be an addon, way more complicated

• I think basic support would be enough for now.
    Sadly Forge hasn't fixed the ore directory they planned to make, but it will be made soon.
    The only block I think needs fixing, is the windmill, and maybe a support for the recycler.

• Official Post

Name: High Altitude Windmill
    Fuel Types: NONE
    EU Generated per tick: 2-6
    Total EU per day: 2400-7200

I already suggested a windmill which has advanced alloy for blades (instead of iron ingot). Which wouldn't break. This recipe can be used now.

Wind mills can already produce 1-10 EU/t now, but after 5EU/t it can break.
    High altitude windmill energy production would be like 2-20 EU/t , after 10 EU/t it has chance of breaking. (Windstrength varies from 0 to 60 now, instead of 0 to 30)
    Rain, and thunderstorms bonus are still applied (If aether has those weather events, i don't remember now.)

• I must of miscalculated on the windmills but I agree with the idea of having the chance to break after 10EU. I didn't even think of the recycling machine and adding support for aether materials.

Aether Dirt - no real use in my book other than making bridges
    Holystone - Could be macerated in a aether edition macerator to Quicksoil (x1)
    Ambrosium Ore - macerates into Ambrosium Dust (x1)
    Zanite Ore - macerates into Zanite Dust (x2)
    Gravitite Ore - macerates into Gravitite Dust (x1)

That could be added into mod itself, as silver dust was added.
    Sort of support.

But i don't think there is any need for new "aether" machines. Normal ones can do their job.