Disappearing crops

• Hi
    There are times when my crops disappear the moment I plant them. After days of intensive experimenting, this is what I found out. It seems that for seedbags with a certain high stats are not allowed to grow when hydration and nutrients = 0.

Here's how you can test. If you have some high stats seedbags, try adding fertilizers and hydration before you plant the seed. You will see that your seed stops disappearing anymore.

Now, when the plant is mature, there are 2 scenarios:

1) Right click to harvest the drop. You will see the plant disappear because the hydration and nutrients = 0

2) Add fertilizers and hydration before harvesting. You will see that the plant will not disappear because hydration and nutrients have been added.

I am not sure if this is a bug. If it's not, can someone:

1) point me to the part in the official guide that states this is standard feature, and

2) let me know what I can do to prevent this, short of using crop-matron and fertilizing crops before harvesting, as I have a REALLY BIG field of ferru.

• I further found out that when I said "high stats", it's really only for seedbags with high Gain. It would appear that high Gain seeds cannot grow without fertilizers and/or hydration. If someone can tell me if it's just fertilizers or just hydration, that'll be great. If someone can tell me if there's another stat (either Resistance or Growth) that can neutralize this effect of high Gain, that'll be great too.

ps. my field is on level 245 and in swamp biome.

• That's not really relevant to my question though.

Sorry, should have been clearer:

When I try to plant flower seeds during the night (or redwheat seeds at day), the plants appear on the sticks, then they disappear and usually the seeds retrun to my hotbar. Sometimes the plants appear to have planted, reappear in my hotbar, but when I use the Cropanalyser it registers no plant on the sticks, and I have to refresh my browser to show what is really there. This may also factor into your disappearing plants if you were using either crop.

• No, this has nothing to do with light levels. The problem you're facing is the result of light levels. Redwheat can only grow/be planted in light 5-10.