Hey Engergy Storege/Excess Help

• Hey guys/girls

I should mention only Industrial craft and build craft with a power converter mods only. Thanks!

So I need some help with energy storage/Energy priorities
    I haven't built anything yet but I need plans.
    I've decide to build a Ice cooled reactor but I can't seem to get my head around the wiring/energy priorities part.
    What I want is power to leave the reactor fill up a Energy storage then from there the energy will power the cooling devices then too the quarrys/machines then finnaly any and all excess energy to the Mass fabs.

Something like this:

R-EEEEEEE
    ....| | |
    ....C Q M

R=reactor
    E=Energy storage
    C=Cooling devices
    M=Mass fabs

I've tried looking around for help in guides and on the wiki but maybe it's me I just can't seem to understand a way to make this happen.

Thanks for the help.

P.s anyone able to give me a rundown of the red stone behavior of MFSU etc.. There is nothing on the wiki and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Edited 2 times, last by scn ().

• note about ice CASUC reactors: they potentially make lots of energy (up to 2040 or around there) so a lot of MFSUs in serial won't cut it.

I usually have 4 MFSUs as a collector and shutoff system. They fill up one MFSU that provides the power.
    Traditionally I have cooling on seperate power should I choose to use compressors.

if you want I can provide screenshots of the "shutoff system" but you'll need buildcraft gates and redpower gates to build it the way I do.

• Hey

Currently I'm just using build craft and industrial craft and a power transfer mod. I don't want to include any other mods.

I was hoping there would be a way to use the redstone behavior on the EU storage devices to control the flow of power so I could prioritize certain power lines over others.

Thanks anyway!

• I do this in my power station. The MSE that stores power from my solar arrays outputs a redstone signal when it is empty. I put this through a NOT gate and sends power to a splitter cable in the line from my geothermal generators.
    This means when there is solar power available the line from the geothermals is cut turning them off and preventing them from using more lava than needed.