No electricity after some blocks

• Hello,

I'm currently using an MFSU. I tried to give some of my friends energy so they can use it too, but after some metres ( about 45 blocks ) there's no electricty more so the cable doesn't come to their home because they'rer a bit far away.

Is this a bug? Because my English is so bad I tried to do a video to make it more "understandable":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxweUx7nZo

And if that's not a bug, how can I do it anyway so that my friends get their energy?

-mike

• How are you transferring the energy as in through an MFSU, MFE, Batbox or a type of generator? Would you by any chance happen to be using a geothermal generator with 1x insulated gold wiring?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited once, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• How are you transferring the energy as in through an MFSU, MFE, Batbox or a type of generator? Would you by any chance happen to be using a geothermal generator with 1x insulated gold wiring?

I could try it. I'm currently using an MFSU. As you see in the video it works, but it stops to work after some time.

• I was saying it would most likely not work with a geothermal generator, the 45 block distance along with the energy loss of 1x gold insulated cable makes the math work out perfectly to where that is the exact distance that no eus would continue to transfer, how much gold wiring do you have connected to that mfsu? If it's 72 with the addition of the 45 cables that you connected to the electric furnace, then you should 2x insulate the gold wiring, switch to insulated copper cabling, switch glass fibre cable, or use a network of transformers along the way to deal with the energy loss from the 1x insulated gold cable

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited once, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• I was saying it would most likely not work with a geothermal generator, the 45 block distance along with the energy loss of 1x gold insulated cable makes the math work out perfectly to where that is the exact distance that no eus would continue to transfer, how much gold wiring do you have connected to that mfsu? If it's 72 with the addition of the 45 cables that you connected to the electric furnace, then you should 2x insulate the gold wiring, switch to insulated copper cabling, switch glass fibre cable, or use a network of transformers along the way to deal with the energy loss from the 1x insulated gold cable

Hi,

I sent send you a screenshot how it looks. I used gold cable before ( on the top ) instead of HV cables. BUT it seems to work now with copper cables

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I just got one question -> is it possible to "destroy" the MFSU so that you can take it and place somewhere else?

• Unfortunately it is not possible to destroy a MFSU and have it keep its energy, although if you want to pick it up you can use a wrench or an electric wrench . Your setup looks alright, however once you convert down to lv you should probably be using copper cables as they can handle up to 32 eu per packet and they have much less eu loss per wire

• Unfortunately it is not possible to destroy a MFSU and have it keep its energy, although if you want to pick it up you can use a wrench or an electric wrench . Your setup looks alright, however once you convert down to lv you should probably be using copper cables as they can handle up to 32 eu per packet and they have much less eu loss per wire

Okay, thanks a lot again! But one question - if I try to pick it up with a electric wrench ( right clicking ) it chances the side where the dot is but it don't drop. Do I have to destroy it with left click?

• Okay, thanks a lot again! But one question - if I try to pick it up with a electric wrench ( right clicking ) it chances the side where the dot is but it don't drop. Do I have to destroy it with left click?

The side with the dot is the output side which changes direction when you right click an input side, right clicking on the output side will pick up the MFSU. Also for a 100% chance to pick up the item, hold m and right click to turn on lossless wrench mode

• The side with the dot is the output side which changes direction when you right click an input side, right clicking on the output side will pick up the MFSU. Also for a 100% chance to pick up the item, hold m and right click to turn on lossless wrench mode

I love you :D Thank you very much for your help!