[Bug] Personal safe

• Hi,
    I made some personal safes because I wanted to test them (and because they are basically 1x1x1 doublechests) and I opened each of them (about 6).
    Now after some days I can't open 2 of them anymore (most likely the ones with items in it, but I'm not sure if it's limited to those).

And I also remember that the ic1 personal chests had some similar issues.

• Official Post

Hi,
    I made some personal safes because I wanted to test them (and because they are basically 1x1x1 doublechests) and I opened each of them (about 6).
    Now after some days I can't open 2 of them anymore (most likely the ones with items in it, but I'm not sure if it's limited to those).

And I also remember that the ic1 personal chests had some similar issues.

Are you playing in offline mode / without account?

• Cannot reproduce the bug.

I used to get this 'bug' because I use command line to run the game, and that is expected.

What I did:
    Use standard minecraft launcher to run the game
    place a personal chest
    close the game
    use standard minecraft launcher again
    open the personal chest

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Well I am unable to reproduce it either (and I don't know how I did it the first time) but I'm nevertheless unable to open 2 of my safes in a ssp game,
    so obviously there must be something wrong ;)

Might be helpful if a failed attempt to open a safe would print something like "This safe is locked to player xyz"

• Well I am unable to reproduce it either (and I don't know how I did it the first time) but I'm nevertheless unable to open 2 of my safes in a ssp game,
    so obviously there must be something wrong ;)

Might be helpful if a failed attempt to open a safe would print something like "This safe is locked to player xyz"

Are you able to break this chest? If so, do the contents spill out of it?

• No and no.
    And btw, with the update those (and 4 other) safes are gone (just like about 64 solarpanels, some batboxes, mfes, fiber glass cables and a mfsu, just their shadows are still there)

• Yes it happened from 0.9->1.0 (what else? :P)
    And yes it might be that just a specific chunk was affected, since the machinery in my house is still there
    Possible problem might be SolarCollectors and maybe MFEs and Batboxes

• Are you playing in offline mode / without account?

this will often happen if you happen to place one online/offline and go to either states from the other the chests will be locked and act like bedrock being unopenable and unbreakable tho you can place torches and things on them but yea if you place in offline then go online it will stay locked and vice versa