Killing us man

• You should divide effectiveness by 2 now, so it's 1.5 eff. And it probably use a lot of copper.

It appears you're overestimating the cost to recreate the used copper (and tin) via the mass fabricator.

After some number crunching I worked out that it takes 2,288,380 EU in a scrap filled mass fabricator to recreate the copper/tin used in making a quad cell, this includes all recycling/macerating/furnace/compressor costs.

So, using this design as an example:

Cost to remake copper plates / tin ingots: 16,018,660 EU
    Total output of the design: 84,000,000 EU

Effective Efficiency: 2.43

• Breeders used to be a hassle to maintain.. heh, even I was reluctant to build them. But with the new system they're much easier to maintain, this leads to breeders being more common and more people able to squeeze approx. Efficiency * 10 million EU out of each ore.

Speaking of efficiency, higher levels of efficiency are now easier to obtain too.

Yes, it takes more logisitics to maintain a crazy high-end 'CASUC' design with Condensators and the new system, but the mid-range output designs are easier to do. So reactors now have less of a 'learning cliff' and more of a 'learning curve'... which overall I think is better.

• Breeders used to be a hassle to maintain.. heh, even I was reluctant to build them. But with the new system they're much easier to maintain, this leads to breeders being more common and more people able to squeeze approx. Efficiency * 10 million EU out of each ore.

i totally agree with that. in every base i build since i discovered CASUC's they where the second energy source i'd always build, but i never got into breeders as managing a reactor to work at "close to BOOM" limit without being able to actually measure if the heat remains constant was always MADNESS! in my opinion. and i didn't want to use an additional mod only for this.

• Please stop call using condensators as CASUCs. At least until there are ways to reload condensers with water.

Reactors was probably made more powerful for "most" people, but for US it is nerfed by half, and construction costs doubled, as I stated before.

As for measuring reactor's temperature, it is possible to do it by removing some plates and see when it will start hurting.

• maybe the new name for CASUCs is
    "CARC"?
    "Constantly Applied Reloadable Coolant"

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• Please stop call using condensators as CASUCs. At least until there are ways to reload condensers with water.

Reactors was probably made more powerful for "most" people, but for US it is nerfed by half, and construction costs doubled, as I stated before.

As for measuring reactor's temperature, it is possible to do it by removing some plates and see when it will start hurting.

Ye sure its 2x more expensive still because we are that awesome we where able to make this (its cheaper than the cheapest reactor in the old list!!).

Or is it because nuclear got a buff? Who knows...

• Reactors was probably made more powerful for "most" people, but for US it is nerfed by half, and construction costs doubled, as I stated before.

the most expensive part of a CASUC beside tons of uranium where the two diamonds i needed for the diamond handsaw to craft the wavers for my filter. the fact that i always build a CASUC before my miner shows that they were to cheap for that output.
    and especially when you're breeding uranium is available in vast amounts once you get some miners running.

• Industrial Rage: Reactor output *10 => everyone using Nuclear reactors and its not even overpowered since we cannote make iron/redstone/diamonds/coal with UU.

There's a config option for reactors. Change it to meet the needs of the people.

You can make diamonds with UU matter, just stuff UU matter in eve.. :Chainsaw: ..... MinecraftCreeper .......... :Nuke TNT:

• You can make diamonds with UU matter, just stuff UU matter in eve.. :Chainsaw: ..... MinecraftCreeper .......... :Nuke TNT:

Not in the Industrial rage server those recipes were turned off.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Not in the Industrial rage server those recipes were turned off.

Not the greatest of judgement calls to be honest...

but it just pains me to think that 90% of users get IC2 just for that bloody macerator and its unholy effects on ores.

And forget the fact that you have rechargable tools, armor, and machine functions that mean not having to throw constant fuel in a block just to get an action out of it? I'm sorry, I don't see how your whining has a valid argument...

Relying on explotive mechanics just results in a much harsher fall when the nerf finally comes down. Did people whine about the Water mill nerf? No, because it was well deserved and the fact that Watermills weren't ungodly outputing in energy. CASUC's were ridicuously powerful for a setup that, in many cases, was simply copy-and-paste each and every time you started a new world. It was almost akin to copying talent trees for MMO characters, and that you could just sit back and spam something easy because that's what got you by...

But now nuclear is much more 'intelligent' in terms of learning how to play with them (Plus, it's a really good copper sink if you don't bother to turn that form of ore generation off in any other mod, lol). It's well deserved, and good for the mod as a whole. If you can't handle that, then I'm sure there's plenty of explotive means to generate power with forge mods...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• And forget the fact that you have rechargable tools, armor that are worse than vanilla, because can't be enchanted, and machine functions that mean not having to throw constant fuel in a block just to get an action out of it but still have to feed resources by hand, stack by stack, stack by stack?

But now nuclear is much more 'intelligent' in terms of learning how to play with them (Plus, it's a really good copper sink if you don't bother to turn that form of ore generation off in any other mod, lol). It's well deserved, and good for the mod as a whole. If you can't handle that, then I'm sure there's plenty of explotive means to generate power with forge mods...

All reactors and all breeders now are same. Reactors are chess board of of component vents and overclocked vents; breeders are heating cells with sink to hull and copper plates. And copying grid is much easier than copyng even simplest casuc reactor right.

And as was stated repeatedly, URANIUM IS FINITE. You have to dig it up, by hand or miners, to get energy. So, it would be balanced even if it were twice as powerful as 1.2.5

• btw CARC or SUPREME or CASUC Mk2
    can achieve up to 4360eu/t thats much more then you would get for the best CASUC in last version,
    also you can make a efficient 60k Coolingcell cycle to Cooldown the near melting Coolingcells...
    and that with an eff of 5,45 instead of 4.xx
    btw the new Reactors are witgh this method more close to reallive Reactors, only that you don't push water around and you don't produce energy by pushing it around...

btw you can change the reactorouput on your system via the config file....

Edit: also the pure reactor is WAY cheaper then the old one,
    just spam some cooling reactors and a breeder and you have your 4360eu/t reactor

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)