[Suggestion] Rework of tin food cans

• Currently all food is stackable and food cans just like melon slices, absolutely useless compared to roasted meat or ever bread.

Suggestion is:

(FoodValue of itemstack[0] / 20) + 1 == amount of food items needed to fill single tin can.

Single tin can shoud heal 20 5F

This will allow to unify and compact food items;

Codevise - 28 lines, wont take much time, will do everything myself if canner TE source provided.

• Let's pass it to Alblaka...

Also, food cans have a very low saturation (comparable to spider eyes), but it was his fault for not researching values properly and I didn't fix it yet.

Wait, how about we also add poisonous variations of canned food to avoid the zombie flesh and spider eye exploit?

Wait, how about we also add poisonous variations of canned food to avoid the zombie flesh and spider eye exploit?

As you wish.
    But i don't think it will stop anyone from eating them.

• whynot

codevice this is 3 lines for if(){}

and single line in IC2 for new item declaration and possible sprite.

poison food shoud not be just bad, we can implement variable processing times and food factor, just 4x time and 2x consumption for rotten meat will does job well, since there is no overcloker for canner and single can will cost almost stack of meat (since processing time based of items processed actual time will be 128 longer)(and pover consumption also will be 128 more since power per tick consumption, not per operation)

• I remember al saying once that tin can can be used to "eat without wasting", since the Canner convert 1 food recovered into tin can (So if a food recovered 3 bars, it will produce 3 tin cans).

Also the saturation to don't be hungry for a long while than regular food and i think al also liked that spider eyes and zombie meat stopped being poisonous when canned.

• Cans only good because zombie meat can be used for it. So you can feed on zombie flesh and paint your house with macerated skeletons:)
    But for practical uses, canned food is useless. It has lowest food value per slot occupied - 1/2, because you have to use one slot for empty cans too.

I remember al saying once that tin can can be used to "eat without wasting", since the Canner convert 1 food recovered into tin can (So if a food recovered 3 bars, it will produce 3 tin cans).

my suggestion to reverse factor.

3-32 food items used to create ONE TIN CAN that heal 20 5F (FULL).

currently you use single food to multiple cans.

ever if it heal only 10 2.5F it will be best possible food in game (without other mods).